Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the age limit for an e-cigarette in Ireland?

• 05-09-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was at a family gathering yesterday and was talking to my cousins. We ended up talking about e-cigarettes because my aunt started using them. Which they were shocked at. They started having an argument about the age limit for them anyway. So to shut them up I told them to google it but we couldn't find anything that gave us a definitive answer. So I said I'd check on here and before anyone says anything about smoking or nicotine I have and will never smoke. I just want to know or else it will annoy me and them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

As best as I can make out we still haven't banned it here. The age restriction has been self imposed by the industry itself. They only banned it in the UK last year.

It was supposed to come in in new legislation in 2014, then in 2015, and after that who the hell knows. The TPD has been transcribed into law, but that leaves the age of consent up to the individual nations.

The way the current government is going it might bring it into law by 2020 :D (if they can reach a consensus on the font size :D:D)

Thankfully the industry is far more capable of making decisions that the govt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Same as cig's, 18, afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

See this is crazy. E-cigs are self regulating, cigarettes are 18 + and Candy cigs are banned. So out of the 3, 32 year old me can avail of 2. What a country.

Advertisement