Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Nintendo accounts things.

• 05-09-2016 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at trading up my N3DS XL to that Pokemon Sun/Moon model in November, and I'm idly wondering is it possible to transfer my NNID and thus all downloads without having the two consoles at the same time, or am I doomed to have to keep the first console till I buy the second.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The games are tied to the console, I'm afraid.

If you want to keep your digital games on your new console, you need the two consoles to be able to transfer (the transfer has to be initiated on both sides - one to send and one to receive).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Shoot. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was actually just thinking about this. Even if the NX uses the account system, there's a pretty good chance everything will have to be purchased again and can't just carry over your purchases from the 3DS/Wii U, the account system only begins with NX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Yeah probably. Sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Ryath

Maybe they will let you do a transfer by sd card like the Wii to Wii U? At least for the virtual console games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement