Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Connaught avenue

Options
  • 05-09-2016 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey I will be moving down to cork this week and I'm renting a place on Connaught avenue.. However I have just bought my car and still haven't got the tax book sorted yet so until I get that with the address changed to the address in cork I can't sort a parking permit. Does anyone know of anywhere near there where it's possible for me to park and it won't cost a huge amount. I'm starting in UCC next week so don't want to be digging into too much of my savings for parking. Any help or advise is much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

You could try the Park and Ride, only €5 a day.
    /www.ucc.ie/en/build/commuting/parkandride/

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Just a warning. From what I have heard the Council really drag their feet on those parking permits as there is no money in it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Pitcairn wrote: »
    Just a warning. From what I have heard the Council really drag their feet on those parking permits as there is no money in it for them.
    Nothing new in that. Council are a useless shower IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭leesadin

Thanks for that.. Yea looks like I'll have to use the park and ride car parks... I've been speaking to one of the lady's in the council and she said I can call into the offices once I get all my documentation and it can be sorted when I'm there? So hopefully once I get all the proper documentation I'll get it sorted quick...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Or just get a bike and don't bother with the car.

• Advertisement

I need the car to get me back home from cork to Monaghan... Don't think a bike will do the job...

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

The Council are now much faster in processing parking permit applications. If you go to the City Hall in person with all the necessary documents they can issue a permit on the spot for you.
    Check eligibility & requirements here: http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/transportationdivision/parking/onstreetparking/residentparkingpermits/

Before you get the permit, as you will be living in Connaught Avenue, you'll be walking to UCC and need daytime + night time parking. I don't think you can leave your car in UCC P&R or Cork City P&R overnight, so it is of no use to you. UCC's P&R car parks are free, by the way.

Otherwise, you could park in a residential area somewhere along the 205 or 216 bus routes, away from UCC and outside the controlled parking zone.

There are also some permit-free parking spaces near UCC for those in the know. PM sent :)

Thanks for all that lostinsuperfunk... That's been a great help.. Hopefully that will get me over the next few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Rubbish!

I'll stand corrected if that's not the case anymore. Three years ago a friend waited ages for her permit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

There's a UCC ParknRide operating from Pouladuff Rd at its junction with Tramore Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'll stand corrected if that's not the case anymore. Three years ago a friend waited ages for her permit.

I've been getting permits for years, if you have your paperwork in order (which is pretty tedious, to be fair) there have never been delays. You might wait for the permit itself but you get a receipt that works as a temporary permit until the permit is issued. But people love to complain!

If you have the paper work ready you will get the permit on the spot it's very easy. They have even eased back on the paper work requirements in the last year or two.

Even before that you got a temp permit on the spot once you have all the paper work.

Advertisement