Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating

Options
  • 05-09-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just wondering if anyone could give me an estimation on what would be cost of converting electric heating to oil. Its for a two storey house around 2000 sq ft.

It's currently got electric heating but would like to switch to oil central heating.

Just approx estimate would be great - really appreciate any help/advise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 darkdave265

Hi. Im not sure of what the estimated cost would be, but I would consider looking at other options instead of oil. They are not very efficient and the running costs are high. And keep in mind that the oil prices are increasing

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

I got quote from plumber to fit new oil burner, bonded oil tank, new HW cilinder, and connect 7 rads plus first and second fix bathroom 10500 euros.
    Another price I got to install gas heating instead of electric 8 rads, gas boiler pipework 7500
    I recommend gas or oil plus solid fuel stove with back boiler.

Advertisement