Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving grass on lawn?

Options
  • 05-09-2016 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, hope this is ok to ask. I have never had lawn so no idea. I moved to new house and there is about 0.7 to 1 acre lawn. Feels like 20 acre at the moment.

It wasnt cut for over 2 years. Got guy in to cut and he had little buggy type thing with blade underneath it. It just cut if right at the bottom.

So I have spent the weekend raking the grass up from that cut. Have mini sileage pit. I got it cleared off and then ran a tractor lawnmower over it. I had it set high but it still wouldn't blow out the grass so I just let it blow out onto the grass. In reality it didn't blow anything, the grass came out at sides.

It was rental job so I think it had seen some better days.

So I let it dry out today and then tried again to see if it would gather it but no hope. Am I ok to leave the grass on the lawn or should I start with rake again?

There is quite a heavy coating

I am buying a tractor lawnmower in a week or so(waiting for delivery) so I hope that will then work on grass

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If it's a thick layer then yes rake it and gather it for disposal, when you've got on top of this "lawn" and it's cut short then you can let the subsequent cuttings lie assuming you cut it little and often, it'll mulch into the ground quickly.

Advertisement