Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default Thread Subscription Mode

Options
  • 05-09-2016 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, is there some reason why I can't set my default subscription to 'no emails' for followed threads? I've cleared cookies, logged in and out, restarted the browser and none of them have made the change stick. It keeps changing back to 'instant emails' which is jamming up my inbox.
    Thanks,
    Molly
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Go here and scroll down and change Default Thread Subscription Mode to none and then scroll to the bottom and save changes. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Is that in the 'Edit Options' section? I have done that a number of times and saved the changes. It doesn't seem to be working though coz when I go back in it has changed back to 'Instant notification'. Unless there's somewhere else to change it that I'm missing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, there's only that one place. Bear in mind it isn't retroactively applied to any already subscribed threads though.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I change it though, it's still changing back to instant emails regardless. Also is it a thing that if I unfollow a thread and then post in it again the thread gets re-followed?

Someone has suggested changing the email address for the account to a spam email so I'm gonna do that for the time being.
    Thanks for your continued help guys!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

If your default is set to instant then you will re-subscribe to instant emails by posting in the thread, yes.

I have set it to default 'Follow without notification' so you won't get any more emails from new threads you post in or follow. However you will need to change the subscription on threads you have already followed. You can do that here. Tick the box next to all threads and at the bottom of the page in the drop down menu select 'no email notification'. Thanks Mollyb60.

• Advertisement

Thanks Niamh. I'll give it a go.

Advertisement