Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Failing exams during INTRA placement?

• 05-09-2016 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I was just wondering what the procedure is for failing exams during an internship year. It's an optional year in college, so would you take the exams during the INTRA year? We were told we would not leave the internship if we failed, but I'm just thinking that it makes little sense to do the internship, go back and repeat second year, and then progress onto final year. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pumpkin222

Mr.S wrote: »
    Do you mean failing the August repeats when you've already started INTRA?

Hi. Yeah sorry my post was a bit unclear. My exams were deferred however, not quite sure if that makes a huge difference

Best best is to contract your course head and ask them. I'm not sure what happens if you fail a deferred exam.

Generally, if you fail a module in the repeat exams, you need to repeat 2nd year and pass the modules you failed. However, you can't repeat the module AND take INTRA, as you need to have passed second year to get onto the INTRA process.

Have you registered for the INTRA year? If so, you then need to get 60 credits to pass that year. You get 60 credits for passing intra.

Hi thanks a million for your response. I already have started my INTRA I am two months into it already. My course requirements are slightly different I think. I study business through Irish and was told that we can carry one fail to do our INTRA year. We were never told that we weren't able to do INTRA until we knew for sure we had passed our exams however. That's just why I'm a bit confused as I spoke to the year head who advised me that I would have to do INTRA for the year regardless as I have already been trained up etc

Oh that's strange, I've never heard of a course being able to carry forward a failed module. It must be different for your course so. Even more so reason to contact your course head to clarify. Contact the INTRA office too, they'll tell you what happens.

For my course, if you failed a 2nd year module and you had started INTRA, you where kicked off the INTRA process (if you left or stayed on the internship was between you and your employer) and you had to repeat 2nd year.

Yeah it is a bit odd, I would have liked to have been told this before I went in to INTRA! Since the exams are deferred I was told I could do them at the next available sitting, so I'm Hoping that I will be able to do them during the INTRA year. We can carry a fail as we have enough credits to do the internship if you get me

Advertisement