Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a car space in a private development, turns out it's not allowed

Options
  • 05-09-2016 10:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭

this concerns a parking lot in a appartment complex. the lady her contract states she can not let out. she states this after half a year of letting on a year long contract. she told me she wants me to leave after one month notice. when i ask for money two weeks before the end of the month for the money she tells me she is on holidays and will not be back before the 3rd. then she tells me to leave but she can not pay me yet as she has to go to the bank. then she tells me she will pay me less money and then she is out for a walk.
    what can i do? can i ask for the five months back and leave the car until she paid in full?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yes/No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to Accommodation & Property. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Can you express this in the coherent manner of your previous posts, as this doesn't make much sense as it stands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

I think you might get better informed replies in the Legal Discussion forum.
    I think the least you should get is a refund on monies paid upfront . Why is she not refunding the outstanding money. If her contract states she is not allowed to sub let then she is on dodgy ground.

Edit - thread moved while posting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

i had little or no sleep over this for two weeks.
    she actually asked me to come over now in the middle of the night to remove the car. i had the contract for a year. what are my rights? she is trying to get me out. she does not want to pay back the rest of the years rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sounds like you paid up front to rent a parking space in a development where renting private spaces is prohibited.

If you leave your car it may be clamped. What does your contract for the space say? Do you have a receipt for the money you paid ?

the contract is a handwriiten short note just stating dates etc. not much in it no houserules or anything. i should be able to rent the year but she wants me gone without a refund.

Anita M. wrote: »
    the contract is a handwriiten short note just stating dates etc. not much in it no houserules or anything. i should be able to rent the year but she wants me gone without a refund.

Like I already said, if it's not allowed in the development you may be clamped. This change of heart is unlikely to be hers alone. I'd text her and give her 48 hours to pay but say you're going to a solicitor after that if she doesn't. You need to move your car or it might cost you a lot more

not going to be clamped and i gave her 48 hours several times already. the strange thing she throws it on management not letting her rent it out but she has the place advertised everywhere on the internet. she just want to make money out of this and can make more money by giving me back nothing or only a part and then renting out for a higher amount to a new victim. she rings me in the middle of the night. she gives me grief and plays games with me.

• Advertisement

ever single one of her texts is about hrr having the money but she could not meet me or she wants to meet me but has not got the money yet. only exeption was her last text when can we meet tonight.

I talked to others in the estate and they say that the numbers on the parking space do not match the numbers of the housing units. Just a heads up if you are ever looking for a parking spot in Dublin. Ask for proof of ownership.

I talked to others in the estate and they say that the numbers on the parking space do not match the numbers of the housing units. Just a heads up if you are ever looking for a parking spot in Dublin. Ask for proof of ownership.

That's a security thing! Otherwise it would be obvious when apartments are empty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

No reason for space numbers to match apartment numbers. Some apartments will have 2 spaces some will have none...I have apartment no 48 and spaces 83&84. Another apartment in city centre has no space with it. Some spaces are sold with apartment, some are purchased at a later date.

Some man cos issue parking permits to owners to display on car once management fees are paid. Others just require permits to be purchased. Either way parking without valid permit or in incorrect space will likely get you clamped.

Advertisement