Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to the RTE studios in Donnybrook from Grafton Street?

Options
  • 05-09-2016 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm staying in a hotel just off Grafton Street and I won't have the car with me. I don't know Dublin very well.

What is the cheapest/quickest/easiest way to get to the RTE studios in Donnybrook early evening and coming back late around 12am?

I'd love the LUAS if at all possible but I don't want too far to walk from the stop to the front door! so if there's a bus option to the front door that would be better then that would be great.

Any help much appreciated, and again door to door would be best option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hi there,

I'm staying in a hotel just off Grafton Street and I won't have the car with me. I don't know Dublin very well.

What is the cheapest/quickest/easiest way to get to the RTE studios in Donnybrook early evening and coming back late around 12am?

I'd love the LUAS if at all possible but I don't want too far to walk from the stop to the front door! so if there's a bus option to the front door that would be better then that would be great.

46a or 145 bus from Nassau Street (at the bottom of Grafton Street to the "RTÉ" stop is the quickest and cheapest way.

The last bus will probably head back at around 11.45-12am on the other side of the road to the side you get off on. If you miss that (you can check on the RTPA or the Dublin bus app), you'll have to get a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Or if anyone knows any reliable website that I could prebook a taxi to and from at a set rate that would be great too! Thanks a mill.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hi there,

46A / 145 From Leeson Street will drop you Right outside

Taxi would cost 10-15 Euro

46a or 145 bus from Nassau Street (at the bottom of Grafton Street to the "RTÉ" stop is the quickest and cheapest way.

Thanks and will they run on the way back as well even if it's late.

• Advertisement

Taxi would cost 10-15 Euro

Thanks, each way ya? What would a bus be, I never know how many stops to say? Sorry I really haven't a clue!

Thanks, each way ya? What would a bus be, I never know how many stops to say? Sorry I really haven't a clue!

Bus is 3.30 each way, Runs till about 11:20pm

Going to the late late?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

46a or any bus up the N11. Could also take the DART from Pearce St. Station to Sydney Parade and walk up.

Bus is 3.30 each way, Runs till about 11:20pm

Going to the late late?

Yep! Eeeekk. Won't be able to get the bus back at that time then. What's the nearest Luas stop to rte if we wanted to get that back?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yep! Eeeekk. Won't be able to get the bus back at that time then. What's the nearest Luas stop to rte if we wanted to get that back?

Nearest LUAS is probably Windy Arbour or Milltown. A decent walk but to be honest, get the bus out to drop you a few minutes walk away and then hope you are out to catch a returning bus. The walk to the LUAS, you would not be far off the walk back into town.

You could also get a dublin bike if anyone you know has a card. Lock at RTE and cycle back. A few hours on a DB would be cheaper than any of the other options (bar walking).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You'd be better off getting a taxi. Theres no Luas that's easily walkable either distance-wise or without local knowledge. Probably €12 to Stephens green.

You'd be better off getting a taxi. Theres no Luas that's easily walkable either distance-wise or without local knowledge. Probably €12 to Stephens green.

Ya I've no clue to be honest. And €12 doesn't actually sound to bad for a taxi back at that hour. How far is it roughly minutes wise? As long as it wasn't more than €15ish I'd be happy enough. There's no website that ya can prebook a taxi or anything is there - like ya do at airports? Always afraid of getting ripped off by taxis if they think you haven't a clue, which I haven't.

Just flag a taxi down along the carriageway, or get the hailo app on your phone.
    Taxi definitely won't cost more than 15 euro, prob more like 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

BD website say fare is 2.70 cash, not 3.30

Boarding at
    Stop 406, Nassau Street, South Frederick Street

Alighting at
    Stop 762, Stillorgan Road, RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

2.05 with LEAP. The 39A goes to RTE as well as 46a and 145. They all take about 10-15 mins from Nassau Street if traffic is light.

47 goes by RTE too, though its not nearly as frequent or quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Bus fare is €2.70 cash or €2.05 each way with a LEAP card.

Closest stops to Grafton Street, depending upon which end you are staying at, are:
    Nassau Street - stop 404 for the 39a and stop 406 for the 46a and 145 (both alongside the Trinity College wall beyond Dawson Street)
    Kildare Street - stop 747 (towards the St Stephen's Green end of the street) for all three routes

Last inbound buses are:
    39a: 23:30 from Belfield (allow 3 mins to get to the N11 outside RTE)
    46a: 23:30 from Dun Laoghaire (allow 25-30 mins to get to RTE)
    145: 23:20 from Ballywaltrim (allow 30-35 mins to get to RTE)

Bus stop is number 770 on the far side of the footbridge across the N11 from the RTE campus.

Use www.dublinbus.ie/rtpi and enter stop number 770 for real time information for buses back into town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Taxi back in be grand.

I'm after ready Dublin Bus are going on strike on Thursday & Friday!

Any alternative suggestions on how I'm now going to get into the city centre from liffey valley on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No other way from Liffey Valley.

Train from Maynooth or Leixlip?

lxflyer wrote: »
    No other way from Liffey Valley.

Train from Maynooth or Leixlip?

You don't by any chance no any other hotels or carparks that do overnight parking that 1) are easy to get to and 2) are reasonable.

No point holding my breath that the strike will be called off I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Bus is the only way from Liffey Valley to City Centre.

Other option would be to park at Red Cow Luas and get the Luas from Red Cow to Connolly Station. DART from Connolly Station to Sydney Parade and then about 20 min walk from there up Nutley Lane to RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You don't by any chance no any other hotels or carparks that do overnight parking that 1) are easy to get to and 2) are reasonable.

No point holding my breath that the strike will be called off I suppose!

You could look at the hotels in Tallaght, and get the luas into the city. No idea of their prices but if you're staying in LIffey valley (Clarion?), I'd imagine the price won't be too different

Anyone able to guestimate the price of a taxi from Clarion Liffey Valley in around 12pm Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Anyone able to guestimate the price of a taxi from Clarion Liffey Valley in around 12pm Friday?

About €25-30

Advertisement