Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsidised pheasants

• 05-09-2016 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi lads,does anyone know much about the I.f.a countryside alliance on the subsidy of pheasant poults ,price etc. thanks gb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Wonder does subsidy cover Grey Partridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

Best of luck get anything off of them. We spent all last season trying to get someone to talk to us about these subsidies & feed allowances they promised but we received sweet f'all. The club changed from them this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I think it's 3,000 Euro per county divided by the amount of birds purchased in the county. I think our Club got E1.05 back per bird in Cavan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I think it's 3,000 Euro per county divided by the amount of birds purchased in the county. I think our Club got E1.05 back per bird in Cavan

I don't think that is countryside IFA though

grassroot1 wrote:
    I don't think that is countryside IFA though

Sorry that's NARGC read the post wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Sorry that's NARGC read the post wrong

Not a 100% sure but I think the NARGC put €88K into pheasants last year. That's fair commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Not a 100% sure but I think the NARGC put €88K into pheasants last year. That's fair commitment.

That was for 2014/15.

I think Wicklow proposed for a 25% increase in bird subsidy at last years agm.(proposed by the future Chairman who was then a delegate if I remember correctly.)
    That was passed. The bird subsidy this year should be over €108K if every RGC draws it down. about €3,900 per county...Not bad at all...;)

That's great news I know Cavan tops it up does any of your counties do the same?.

Also....and sorry for hijacking a thread but what's the vermin equipment grant this year and when was it due or is it due I've two new larsen and a fox trap I was hoping to claim back the rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

That's great news I know Cavan tops it up does any of your counties do the same?.

Also....and sorry for hijacking a thread but what's the vermin equipment grant this year and when was it due or is it due I've two new larsen and a fox trap I was hoping to claim back the rebate.

Our county adds to it to thicken the mix a bit.

Vermin grant deadline could be up for this year. Must ask my county secretary!

Don't forget the game crop grants too. I honestly didn't realise how much is put back into the grassroots by the Association..good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

KE_MAN wrote: »
    Wonder does subsidy cover Grey Partridge?

I think NARGC were requesting that people do not release grey partridge for shooting.

• Advertisement

The subsidy is for Ducks or peasants.....pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The subsidy is for Ducks or peasants.....pick one.

Seeing as I can only have one, I'll go for the peasant :D
    (can I use it for vermin control ?)

Vizzy wrote:
    Seeing as I can only have one, I'll go for the peasant (can I use it for vermin control ?)

Nothing wrong with peasant shooting....20 minute head start...keeps the numbers down...

Found out today 50% rebate on vermin equipment and 60% game crop up to maximum on vermin of E2500.
    Not bad. Club Secretaries need to get off their holes and share this.

Advertisement