Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mel Gibson

• 05-09-2016 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭

Looks like Gibson is making a comeback with his critically acclaimed war film hacksaw ridge.

Recently his career seemed to be over with a string of controversies in recent years with him being caused of nearly every form of -isms in alcohol fueled outbursts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

The topic of the film sounds fairly iffy to me, very oscar-baitish with some religious propaganda undertones

Would much prefer he was making mental violent stuff like Apocalypto or the Passion of the Christ, he had a really strong aptitude for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

The topic of the film sounds fairly iffy to me, very oscar-baitish with some religious propaganda undertones

Would much prefer he was making mental violent stuff like Apocalypto or the Passion of the Christ, he had a really strong aptitude for it.

He is making a sequel to the passion of the christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If it's not lethal weapon 6 or whatever number hes on now I'm not interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wouldn't mind if he made if he made a sequel to "Payback"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

He should make the sequel to Forever Young. Forever Not-Aging-As-Well-As-I-Thought-He-Would-And-He's-Turned-A-Bit-Crazy-Now-Too.

That's taking a step back though, Apocalypto was him hitting his big mental stride. That'd be like Depeche Mode returning to Music for the Masses even though they've made Violator, or Michael Jackson returning to that album before Thriller that everyone says is great but never bother listening to beyond the one song from Rush Hour 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He's still big, it's the pictures that got small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

That's taking a step back though, Apocalypto was him hitting his big mental stride. That'd be like Depeche Mode returning to Music for the Masses even though they've made Violator, or Michael Jackson returning to that album before Thriller that everyone says is great but never bother listening to beyond the one song from Rush Hour 2.

off the wall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The passion of Saint Tibulus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Tigger wrote: »
    off the wall?

Murray Hewitt : I'll say he is...he's off the planet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Good thing there were no religious propaganda undertones to those movies.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Moved from AH to the Celeb Forum :)
    Please read the charter before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

The battle scenes alone occupy half the movie according to one review. Looking forward to this. ;)

Good thing there were no religious propaganda undertones to those movies.

I wouldn't exactly call them undertones! :pac:

Advertisement