Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Course choice

• 06-09-2016 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am interested in a change of career (currently a manager in retail) to accountancy.

I was just wondering which would be better, an ATI 2 year course in College of commerce cork (its cheaper than CIT) or the below course?

http://www.cit.ie/course/CRBACCB6

I already have a 4 year degree business degree with leisure management so I have studied various accounting modules before but I am probably in need of a refresher.

Any advice greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

How long ago was your degree? I would have thought better to find a training firm and pursued professional exams with your business degree as a foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Marcusm wrote: »
    How long ago was your degree? I would have thought better to find a training firm and pursued professional exams with your business degree as a foundation.

I graduated in 2010. 27 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

I'll echo what was said by Marcusm. Whatever way you do it you'll need to pass exams and you'll need to serve your time. Can do some of them separately and drag it out longer, or do them together and qualify quicker.

Plus, the training firm usually education fees.

Advertisement