Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an expert to help us out with a podcast

Options
  • 06-09-2016 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Myself and a friend are planning to do a couple of paranormal themed episodes of our podcast for October, and I was just wondering if there's anyone out there interested in getting helping out.

We haven't fully decided what this would entail, but I figure either a ghost hunt or a seance. Ghost Hunt might be a bit difficult when dealing with an audio medium... if we go that direction it would probably be a case of doing some pre-hunt banter and an interview, then just grabbing a zoom recorder and editing the best parts from the hunt to the end of the show.

Doing a seance seems the most podcast friendly option, but i have no real experience in it and wouldn't know how or where to do it. So I just wanted to throw it out there and see if any of you folk might have some ideas or have any interest in being our "expert". Now, you don't actually have to be an expert, but we'll still refer to you as such on the show ;)

If there no real interest in the above, it would still be cool just to have someone with some experience on as a guest to chat. Neither of us would really be believers so at the very least, it would be cool to talk "ghosts" with someone with a bit more insight on the subject.

Our podcast gets around 700 - 1,000 downloads a week, not huge numbers but not bad for a relatively new one (we haven't been going a year yet) so maybe if you have your own paranormal podcast, youtube channel etc. it'd be a bit of cross-promotion.

We're described as "A survival podcast for people that takes movies too seriously" basically, we look at survival scenarios from films and any kind of fiction to see what can be done to make it out in one piece should it happen in real life. This can be anything from a volcanic eruption like Dante's Peak, a world gone mad like Mad Max, or a haunted house like so many horror films.

Last time I looked for a guest, my post was seen as spam, so i'll withhold any links, but just search Disaster Artists Podcast on any app or podcast service and you should find us.

Anyway, reply or PM me if you're at all interested or have any alternative ideas
    oh and we're based in Dublin btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

If I knew about this sooner, I'd have offered to help out, especially given that I was in Ireland for Xmas and New Years!
    I'm back in London now, so I wouldn't be able to physically meet up unless it's when I'm in Ireland next, which for now would be in late December, though I would like to come sometime before then, around the summer. Though depending on things, I may be able to make a push for April.
    Otherwise, I'd suggest a Skype call or something... that is if this idea is still going ahead!

Advertisement