Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Gangland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

The crew that were involved in the planning and execution of the Regency job seem to be fairly smashed at this point. In terms of the organisers, Noel Duggan is dead, there have been some weapons seizures, and the ex-SF man is in jail awaiting trial, and in terms of the lads who carried out the hit, gunman in drag Patrick Hutch is in jail awaiting trial for murder, a couple of people who may or may not have been drivers on that day have been killed, one of the AK47 guys seems to be lying very low after attempts to kill him on Sheriff St. and in Cherry Orchard, and now the 'flat cap' gunman looks like he's on the way down. That seems to leave very few major players on the Hutch side left to fight back at this point.

It certainly bodes well for our police force.
    They have come a long way from the days of D'unbelievables. :cool:

The one major Hutch-aligned (but former Kinahan) guy who was at the Regency, who's still alive, not in custody, and not in hiding, that sounds capable of striking back has reportedly been spotted around Dublin without a care in the world since then - Has he squared his situation with the Kinahans and got out of the feuding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

The inquest into the killing of Martin O'Rourke, who was shot dead in a case of mistaken identity, has heard that he died of a gunshot wound to the head.

Mr O'Rourke, was shot dead on Sherriff St in Dublin on 14 April.

It is believed the intended target of the killing was related to the ongoing feud between the Hutch and Kinahan criminal gangs.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0906/814572-martin-o-rourke-inquest/

A man arrested in Co Tyrone in connection with a gangland shooting at the Regency Hotel in Dublin last February is to challenge attempts to have him extradited to the Republic.

Kevin Murray, 46, was arrested yesterday in Strabane on foot of a European Arrest Warrant in connection with the murder of David Byrne at the Regency Hotel in Dublin.

Mr Murray was remanded in custody until Friday when the judge, having considered medical evidence, will decide if he should be freed on bail pending a full hearing of the extradition case against him.

He was arrested at the home he shares with his mother.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0906/814468-david-byrne-investigation/

I wonder on what grounds he fighting the extradition request, maybe unfair trial due to media publicity ?

• Advertisement

I wonder on what grounds he fighting the extradition request, maybe unfair trial due to media publicity ?

Poor guy - it's SO not fair when you get caught fleeing a murder scene with a gun in your hand and your face in full view and end up with your photo in the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You don't argue that until it goes to trial to try collapse the trial; seeing as the way around that is we try you in the North. Rarely done, but both jurisdictions can try someone in the other if adverse publicity is going to be a severe issue.

A man arrested in Co Tyrone in connection with a gangland shooting at the Regency Hotel in Dublin last February is to challenge attempts to have him extradited to the Republic.

Kevin Murray, 46, was arrested yesterday in Strabane on foot of a European Arrest Warrant in connection with the murder of David Byrne at the Regency Hotel in Dublin.

Mr Murray was remanded in custody until Friday when the judge, having considered medical evidence, will decide if he should be freed on bail pending a full hearing of the extradition case against him.

He was arrested at the home he shares with his mother.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0906/814468-david-byrne-investigation/

Was close friends with Mickey Barr.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0909/815492-kevin-murray-regency-hotel/

A Northern Irish man wanted in connection with the murder of David Byrne in a gang-related shooting in the Regency Hotel in Dublin in February has been refused bail by a judge in Belfast.

Court documents allege Mr Murray stayed at the hotel in question the night before the shooting happened.

The warrant alleges that Mr Murray was preparing for his role in the murder. It also claims he was identified in security camera footage of the scene by gardaí and PSNI officers.

Mr Murray walks using a mobility aid and has undergone brain scans after his health degenerated in recent months, lawyers told the court.

The judge said she hoped a full hearing of the extradition case against him could be held in the very near future.

So that's flatcap in custody now, Wonder has his health degenerated after he realised the **** his in in, and he stayed in the hotel the night before ? what was he thinking ?

So that's flatcap in custody now, Wonder has his health degenerated after he realised the **** his in in, and he stayed in the hotel the night before ? what was he thinking ?

I don't get what he was thinking either - he's pictured with no attempt to disguise himself or hid is face, gun in hand, running alongside Patrick Hutch as the two of them fled the scene of the shooting.

• Advertisement

What I also don't understand is why the Gardaí haven't arrested either of the AK47 lads? Well, they arrested the AK47 guy who went in to the Regency reception area. They took him in at the same time as arresting Patrick Hutch, but only got him on some kind of driving offence I think. The other AK47 guy who stood guard at the door has almost been whacked a couple of times - are the Gardaí just waiting for the Kinahan crew to get him?

The AK guys didn't actually kill him though did they?
    Wasnt it either flatcap or the lady in drag as they had handguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭wicorthered

What I also don't understand is why the Gardaí haven't arrested either of the AK47 lads? Well, they arrested the AK47 guy who went in to the Regency reception area. They took him in at the same time as arresting Patrick Hutch, but only got him on some kind of driving offence I think. The other AK47 guy who stood guard at the door has almost been whacked a couple of times - are the Gardaí just waiting for the Kinahan crew to get him?

Don't think the guy almost whacked twice was an ak guy. Read he was a spotter!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Liam byrne arrested last night

A

Its much more difficult to challenge a European arrest warrant than a classical extradition request. Media publicity would be highly unlikely to work. I'd say he knows the game's up and is just trying everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

shane. wrote: »
    Liam byrne arrested last night

Why was he arrested?
    What is going on with all the raids and searches in Dublin yesterday and today?

Why was he arrested?

Spanish detectives came over to lend a hand.
    They are raiding properties belonging to suspected Kinahan cartel members seizing documents, bank statements and cash with the help of CAB.

It's all getting too hot for either gang now.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

It's really heating up in Dublin now eh?
    Someone has also been arrested over the Gary Hutch murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

a 34 year old from the South inner city apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Why was he arrested?

was arrested for questioning over the raids in march, released and legged it abroad the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I don't get what he was thinking either - he's pictured with no attempt to disguise himself or hid is face, gun in hand, running alongside Patrick Hutch as the two of them fled the scene of the shooting.

Would have been a better photo if he had been clutching the gun in one hand and wheeling luggage with the other

My first thought after seeing the news was it looked like they were in the cartels gym when they raided it.

I'd think the hutch side would be after that lads uncle as has many others before them,
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/viper-foley-quiet-over-warning-hes-on-kinahan-cartel-hitlist

So he's gone from being a kinahan target to a possible hutch target

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

They have been running rings around the guards for years a few raids wont fix everything where were they when the gang were building up assets worth millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

My first thought after seeing the news was it looked like they were in the cartels gym when they raided it.

I'd think the hutch side would be after that lads uncle as has many others before them,
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/viper-foley-quiet-over-warning-hes-on-kinahan-cartel-hitlist

So he's gone from being a kinahan target to a possible hutch target

The hutches havent done anything since the regency. The man that got arrested today his name should be released tomorrow I hope he gets charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

honey12345 wrote: »
    The hutches havent done anything since the regency. The man that got arrested today his name should be released tomorrow I hope he gets charged!

Post 25 names him, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

What gets me is no one here on Boards or media have put 2&2 togather about the CCTV being cut off in the hotel remotely and one of the people owns a company that installs CCTV is in still locked up.
    Right he had more to do with it but that link surely could be traced.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

The actions of today are huge developments. There has been unprecedented co-operation between the Irish and Spanish police forces. The main arrest was of a suspect in the murder of Gary Hutch. This suspect was reportedly arrested in a €200k Bentley beside a yacht. I'd take these reports with a huge grain of salt though, as they were also accompanied by reports that he was arrested in Madrid, Malaga and Marbella!

But what's not in doubt is who he is. The Spanish police released a statement and identified him by the initials JQ. There was also a previous tweet from a national newspaper that said he was related to Martin Foley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement