Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Gangland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭benny79

Yes and all this happened in 2010 with operation shovel huge media hype and not one charge 6 years later its like its all forgotten about, I'll be very surprised if the same doesn't happen here... Its like the wire when the when the people in power ie Government have to be seen to been doing something...

The astute Ms Tallant is on 98FM right now talking to AK about the Byrnes and Kinahans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Cdosrun wrote: »
    What gets me is no one here on Boards or media have put 2&2 togather about the CCTV being cut off in the hotel remotely and one of the people owns a company that installs CCTV is in still locked up.
    Right he had more to do with it but that link surely could be traced.?

I put that particular 2&2 together LONG ago, but wasn't sure whether I had come up with 5 :-)

I did notice his company also had contracts at Dublin airport, which could be handy for anyone involved in dodgy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

Cdosrun wrote: »
    What gets me is no one here on Boards or media have put 2&2 togather about the CCTV being cut off in the hotel remotely and one of the people owns a company that installs CCTV is in still locked up.
    Right he had more to do with it but that link surely could be traced.?

Who's locked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

A chap from the Navan road who likes collecting fish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

honey12345 wrote: »
    Who's locked up?

The lad who was arrested at or near Dublin airport and is awaiting trial as is his father.

He was remanded in custody so is still locked up.

I don't think we can name people just on what we think they may or may not be up to.Just like the news sites/papers said the guy arrested in Spain was JQ but would not say his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

For some reason I could not login here yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Gangland criminal James Quinn (34) made his first formal court appearance before a Spanish judge yesterday following his arrest in connection with the shooting of Hutch.

The Irish Independent can reveal he was previously investigated for the killing of Gerard 'Hatchet' Kavanagh (44), who was gunned down in Harmon's Irish Bar in Elviria in September 2014.

Garda say they have information that he was involved but Spanish police don't have enough evidence as of yet to charge above lad, If I recall I thought Spanish police had closed the case ?? cant copy link but its in todays Irish independent, Interesting times ahead over there...

but Spanish police don't have enough evidence as of yet to charge above lad..

But they have enough to hold him for up to two years while they investigate further... different bail laws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Flavourdavid

House on West Road in East Wall riddled with bullets a few days ago. Does anyone have any info? Feud related I wonder?There has been a lot of checkpoints in recent months on the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭PlamenDon

Feared Kinahan hitman's mother died and Gardai are hoping he'll show up for the funeral on Monday in Finglas.

Heard it also on front page of todays herald.

independent.ie/irish-news/crime/red-alert-fears-as-kinahan-cartel-hitmanforhire-returns-home-this-weekend-35056371[dot]html

evoke.ie/news/irish-news/eddie-hutch-hitman-warned-by-gardai

herald.ie/news/tensions-high-as-gilligan-hitman-hired-to-take-out-hutch-associate-34335422[dot]html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Innercityjoe

House on West Road in East Wall riddled with bullets a few days ago. Does anyone have any info? Feud related I wonder?There has been a lot of checkpoints in recent months on the road.

Wasn't "riddled with bullets" at all! Windows smashed in the house yes but nothing to do with fued and no shots fired!

PlamenDon wrote: »
    herald.ie/news/tensions-high-as-gilligan-hitman-hired-to-take-out-hutch-associate-34335422.html

This article confuses me... At the start of the article it sounds like Mr. B whose mother has just died was tasked with killing Mr. G who owned a business in the city centre. Wasn't it Mr. G who was quoted as saying he was heartbroken over Gary Hutch's murder and vowed revenge against Daniel Kinahan?

However the article goes on to say "Another criminal who sources say has cut his ties with the cartel over the Gary Hutch murder is a feared hitman who is suspected of carrying out the murders of Paul Kavanagh last year and Eamon 'The Don' Dunne in 2010."

Wasn't that also Mr. G? Confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Paddy Barnes has signed a professional deal with MGM Marbella.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Alley Cat

herald.ie/news/tensions-high-as-gilligan-hitman-hired-to-take-out-hutch-associate-34335422.html

This article confuses me... At the start of the article it sounds like Mr. B whose mother has just died was tasked with killing Mr. G who owned a business in the city centre. Wasn't it Mr. G who was quoted as saying he was heartbroken over Gary Hutch's murder and vowed revenge against Daniel Kinahan?

However the article goes on to say "Another criminal who sources say has cut his ties with the cartel over the Gary Hutch murder is a feared hitman who is suspected of carrying out the murders of Paul Kavanagh last year and Eamon 'The Don' Dunne in 2010."

I think the first part of the article is referring to the lad in drag at the Regency. He is the main suspect in the attempted shooting of Liam Roe last year.

The second part of the article is referring to the guy you mentioned.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if nobody was going to shoot nobody, because nobody shot nobody to begin with, who want's a digging match?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Wouldn't the world be a better place if nobody was going to shoot nobody, because nobody shot nobody to begin with, who want's a digging match?

Aye. But Mr DK deciced to knock off Mr. GH (previously serously beaten by his beloved uncle Mr. GH) due in both cases to his being a loudmouthed little toerag.
    This lead Mr. DK to charge the aforementioned Mr GH for the privilege. Now MR DK is an out aand out psychopath (not helped by the now svelte FF / lawnmower man doing collections almost door to door). Ken Barlow and Paul off Fair City also have much to answer for.
    When Mr CK makes an appearance may be transformational. I've heard him and Michael Noonan are going to show before the CPA and apologise for bus strikes, NAMA and the general state of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

I think the first part of the article is referring to the lad in drag at the Regency. He is the main suspect in the attempted shooting of Liam Roe last year.

The second part of the article is referring to the guy you mentioned.
    Liam Roe was not at the Red Cow Hotel on the date of the alleged attack, this is a media fallacy which has developed into a urban myth!

seerscryer wrote: »
    Liam Roe was not at the Red Cow Hotel on the date of the alleged attack, this is a media fallacy which has developed into a urban myth!

Heard that a few times. Did the attack happen? If so, who was targeted? Daniel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

http://www.herald.ie/news/many-cartel-kingpins-based-abroad-but-most-of-hutch-mob-still-live-in-dublin-35071703.html

Other key members of the cartel - such as Ballyfermot criminal Kevin Lynch (48) and a notorious hitman-for-hire linked to a number of feud murders for the cartel - are currently based in Spain's Costa del Sol as the deadly feud continues.

Never heard of him who is he ?

A FORMER international boxer who burst into a businessman's house with a loaded shotgun and was then shot twice by a garda has been jailed for eight years.
    Kevin Lynch did not know two armed detectives wearing bullet proof jackets had already taken up position in the home of cigarette vending machine distributor, Mr James Fitzpatrick, at Lispopple, Swords.

irishtimes.com/news/former-boxer-was-shot-by-garda-during-armed-raid-1.65537

I see today that Patrick Hutch's trial for murder and possession of the AK47s is going to the Special Criminal Court.
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/regency-accused-patrick-hutch-to-be-tried-in-special-criminal-court

Jonathan Dowdall is also facing the Special Criminal Court (albeit his charges are conspicuously unrelated to the Regency job) and is still remanded in custody until his case is due to come up again on 7th Oct.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/fresh-charges-for-exsf-councillor-and-father-34918562.html

Still the two lads who dressed as Gardaí and brandished the AK's at the Regency are free men (well, one of them is apparently laying low after the two failed murder bids against him). That seems odd, given that their identities are widely known. Are the Gardaí waiting for the Kinahans to deal out their own brand of justice to those two? Or are those two lads more valuable to the Gardaí as free men? I don't understand how neither of them is in custody awaiting trial.

In terms of what's being reported in mainstream media, things seem to have gone quiet on the Kinahan-Hutch front. Have they finally come to some sort of truce?

I see today that Patrick Hutch's trial for murder and possession of the AK47s is going to the Special Criminal Court.
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/regency-accused-patrick-hutch-to-be-tried-in-special-criminal-court

Jonathan Dowdall is also facing the Special Criminal Court (albeit his charges are conspicuously unrelated to the Regency job) and is still remanded in custody until his case is due to come up again on 7th Oct.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/fresh-charges-for-exsf-councillor-and-father-34918562.html

Still the two lads who dressed as Gardaí and brandished the AK's at the Regency are free men (well, one of them is apparently laying low after the two failed murder bids against him). That seems odd, given that their identities are widely known. Are the Gardaí waiting for the Kinahans to deal out their own brand of justice to those two? Or are those two lads more valuable to the Gardaí as free men? I don't understand how neither of them is in custody awaiting trial.

In terms of what's being reported in mainstream media, things seem to have gone quiet on the Kinahan-Hutch front. Have they finally come to some sort of truce?
    I don't think there will ever be a truce I agree it's very quiet lately the media were previsoly claiming that the hutchs are planing something huge

My information has it that the Kinahans reached out to the Hutches to sit down to resolve this current situation but that this overture was soundly rejected by the Hutches, particularly by Patsy HUTCH senior. As such, I would have to agree that a cease fire is highly unlikely.

My information has it that the Kinahans reached out to the Hutches to sit down to resolve this current situation but that this overture was soundly rejected by the Hutches, particularly by Patsy HUTCH senior. As such, I would have to agree that a cease fire is highly unlikely.

Would it not be good for the hutch's to have a truce rather than their whole family get killed? They have already lost so many of their loved ones. Not so long ago they tried to killed his brother!

It seems the formerly fat Freddie is back in town, and has his sights set on Ross Hutch:
    http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/7244247/Fat-Freddie-Thompsons-back-in-Ireland-and-his-mob-have-sights-on-Hutch-target.html

Also one of the Regency gunmen sounds like he's worried for his own safety now:
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/hutch-assassin-beefs-up-security-at-fortress-home

honey12345 wrote: »

Would it not be good for the hutch's to have a truce rather than their whole family get killed? They have already lost so many of their loved ones. Not so long ago they tried to killed his brother!
    I really have no idea how they are thinking! I don't believe that they have one coherent strategy. I would guess that there are a number of individuals that comprise the 'Hutch Faction' that have opposing views. I am not sure which one of them rejected the offer or if this was a consensus. It could mean that they have something big planned and that they don't want to talk at this time? Your guess is as good as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

derek mcgovern sean mcgoverns cousin was in court trying to reclaim his car from the garda the garda objected saying they have reason to link the car to martin orourkes murder and his bid was rejected its on tomorrows sunday world

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭VladamirP

It's been a bad week for tiger kidnappers, first Jeffrey Melvin was arrested in Spain lastweek after fleeing Ireland in 2012, then his co-accused, Stefan Saunders was caught Friday morning trying to rob the cash in transit in Dunboyne.

independent.ie/irish-news/news/suspect-in-134000-tiger-kidnapping-flying-between-spain-and-australia-31269122.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement