If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Pioneer VSX527 amp

Options
  • 06-09-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

So thanks to my over exuberant 10 year old daughter my Pioneer amp that I bought in 2013 has gone kaput.

Looking for options for a reasonably priced replacement please. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ashdale5 wrote: »
    So thanks to my over exuberant 10 year old daughter my Pioneer amp that I bought in 2013 has gone kaput.

Hi thanks for you enquiry, and sorry to here of your amps untimely demise.  An excellent replacement would be the Denon avrx2300  http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202128-avrx2300.aspx  . This features the latest Dolby Atmos technology. It is also 4k compatible, had blue tooth, Apple airplay and is DLNA compatible

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Hi thanks for you enquiry, and sorry to here of your amps untimely demise.  An excellent replacement would be the Denon avrx2300  http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202128-avrx2300.aspx  . This features the latest Dolby Atmos technology. It is also 4k compatible, had blue tooth, Apple airplay and is DLNA compatible

Regards Stephen
    Thanks for the reply Stephen.

The Denon looks great but it's a bit out of my price range.

So thanks to my over exuberant 10 year old daughter my Pioneer amp that I bought in 2013 has gone kaput.

Looking for options for a reasonably priced replacement please.
    Hi thanks for you enquiry, and sorry to here of your amps untimely demise. An excellent replacement would be the Denon avrx2300 http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202128-avrx2300.aspx  . This features the latest Dolby Atmos technology. It is also 4k compatible, had blue tooth, Apple airplay and is DLNA compatible

Regards Stephen
    Thanks for the reply Stephen.

The Denon looks great but it's a bit out of my price range.
    No worries at the most cost effective price point you have the Onkyo txsr444 http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201456-txsr444.aspx . Or at a mid price point between the Onkyo and the Denon there is the Sony STRDN1060 http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201384-sony-strdn1060.aspx

Regards Stephen

Apologies for delay in replying but I was hoping that by some miracle my old amp was saveable (it wasn't)

So I'm back where I started needing a replacement. Presumably the above options are still the best?

I'm also assuming built in radio, streaming, airplay etc are pretty much standard yeah? 

Also the way I'm set up my amp is in a closed off shelf under the tv so something with bluetooth or similar controls would be great.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Apologies for delay in replying but I was hoping that by some miracle my old amp was saveable (it wasn't)

So I'm back where I started needing a replacement. Presumably the above options are still the best?

I'm also assuming built in radio, streaming, airplay etc are pretty much standard yeah? 

Also the way I'm set up my amp is in a closed off shelf under the tv so something with bluetooth or similar controls would be great.
    HI Ashdale, thanks for the post

They are both still current, but the SOny is actually out of stock a t the warehouse, and we are waiting to hear of delivery dates at the minute

Between the 2, the Onkyo has bluetooth for connectivity only, whereas the SOny has Bluetooth, Wifi, AIrplay etc so will let you use an app to control the amp iif it's in a closed off shelf

You could also look at the Yamaha RXV481 - http://www.richerie.aspdotnetstorefront.cefasoft.net/p-201987-rxv481.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at the same money, also has bluetooth,wifi and airplay, and is in stock locally here

regards
    Brian

• Advertisement

They are both still current, but the SOny is actually out of stock a t the warehouse, and we are waiting to hear of delivery dates at the minute

Between the 2, the Onkyo has bluetooth for connectivity only, whereas the SOny has Bluetooth, Wifi, AIrplay etc so will let you use an app to control the amp iif it's in a closed off shelf

You could also look at the Yamaha RXV481 - http://www.richerie.aspdotnetstorefront.cefasoft.net/p-201987-rxv481.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at the same money, also has bluetooth,wifi and airplay, and is in stock locally here

regards
    Brian
    Oh balls more options :)

Was hoping to log on to see a definite recommendation so my head doesn't melt with the decision haha.

regards
    Brian

Was hoping to log on to see a definite recommendation so my head doesn't melt with the decision haha.
    Sorry about that :)

Only threw that in as the Sony is out of stock, and the Yamaha has the same spec, and is avaoilable from stock on a next day shipping

Brian

regards
    Brian

Sorry about that :)

Only threw that in as the Sony is out of stock, and the Yamaha has the same spec, and is avaoilable from stock on a next day shipping

Brian
    Thanks for reply.

Is the Denon worth the extra money over the Yamaha in your opinion? 

What would I be getting for the extra outlay? Don't want to penny pinch for the sake of it and end up back here in a year or two :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Ash,

TBH the Denon AVRX2300 is head and shoulders above the Yamaha RXV481- but then again the Denon AVRX2300 is quite a bit more expensive..

I'll PM you a Boardie special on the AVRX2300  ;) & have a look at the review in the meantime!

http://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x2300w/review

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Ash,

TBH the Denon AVRX2300 is head and shoulders above the Yamaha RXV481- but then again the Denon AVRX2300 is quite a bit more expensive..

I'll PM you a Boardie special on the AVRX2300  ;) & have a look at the review in the meantime!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Just sent you a PM back. 

• Advertisement

Hi Ash,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Just sent you a PM back. 
    Hey Ashdale5.

John may be out of the office this afternoon.

If there is anything I can help with drop me the PM.

Sent you a pm Kenny

Sent you a pm Kenny
    :D

Denon arrived today. Thanks again lads for a brilliant service.

Denon arrived today. Thanks again lads for a brilliant service.
    no probs ashdale, just drop us a post if you need anything else

Cheers
    Brian

Just a quick one on the Denon amp. I have to turn the volume on it up to at least 60 to be able to hear the tv. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something?

Just a quick one on the Denon amp. I have to turn the volume on it up to at least 60 to be able to hear the tv. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something?
    Hi Ashdale, this does sound a bit high to be honest. Have you done the auto setup on the amp, to set the speaker levels? There may be an issue there, the speaker levels may be set too low for example?

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Ashdale, this does sound a bit high to be honest. Have you done the auto setup on the amp, to set the speaker levels? There may be an issue there, the speaker levels may be set too low for example?

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks Brian. I'll have a look at the levels.

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks Brian. I'll have a look at the levels.
    Hi ashdale5.

We are currently getting some work done on our store over the last few days and our demo room is in bits at the moment.

Once we get it put back together this morning I will connect our unit up and see how it performs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.