Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont understand icloud?

Options
  • 06-09-2016 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

so basically you're storing your videos and pictures to an invinsible storage system, and how do you view these videos and pictures when uploaded?

i have an iphone 6 and my storage is almost full and i dont quite understand it, i can certainly understand dropbox etc you can view those files but how does it work for icloud? :confused:

Also can i delete all my iphone 6 pics and vids as long as they are uploaded to icloud, so i can make way for new pictures and vids?:confused:

appreciate this a lot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

iCloud is just a backup service. If you delete a photo on your phone it will be deleted in iCloud as well. Go to settings and scroll down to photos, check iPhone phot library is enabled and select optimise iPhone storage.

All the high quality images and videos will be stored on iCloud and low quality on your iPhone. When you view a photo you will see a little loading icon in the bottom corner while it downloads the full quality image.

Advertisement