Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum visa debit card transaction and bank transfer

Options
  • 06-09-2016 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

Whats the maximum visa debit card transaction? Is it different if put through in UK?

How much can I transfer to another bank account per day?

Regards
    Gary 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

ruaneg wrote: »
    Hi,

Whats the maximum visa debit card transaction? Is it different if put through in UK?

Regards
    Gary 
    Hi ruaneg, thanks for getting in touch.

For visa debit point of sale or online purchases there’s no maximum amount provided that there’s enough cleared funds in your account. Some retailers might impose their own limits.

If you're making a transfer through 365 phone or online there’s a limit of €20,000 (for all payment you make through 365 that day) per working day. For payments to payees added using security code sent to your mobile phone there’s a lower limit of €10,000 per working day.

If you need to make a transfer over this amount you can do this at your local branch.

For ATM withdrawals the daily withdrawal limit will depend on your account and can vary when you’re abroad. For the UK the daily ATM limit would normally be set at €500.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

ruaneg wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards
    Gary 
    Hi ruaneg, thanks for getting in touch.

For visa debit point of sale or online purchases there’s no maximum amount provided that there’s enough cleared funds in your account. Some retailers might impose their own limits.

If you're making a transfer through 365 phone or online there’s a limit of €20,000 (for all payment you make through 365 that day) per working day. For payments to payees added using security code sent to your mobile phone there’s a lower limit of €10,000 per working day.

If you need to make a transfer over this amount you can do this at your local branch.

For ATM withdrawals the daily withdrawal limit will depend on your account and can vary when you’re abroad. For the UK the daily ATM limit would normally be set at €500.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola
    Hi Nicola,

Thanks for that. If I was to use my Visa Debit Card in the UK for a purchase of 21000 euro what exchange rate would I pay?

Can you link to a page with the current exchange rates? Is this it?
    https://www.visaeurope.com/making-payments/exchange-rates
    or is it a bank of ireland exchange rate..?

Can you tell me how much euro it will cost for a transaction of £17700 today?

Regards
    Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Gary, 

Yes, that is the correct link. The exchange rate is set by Visa. 

There is a BOI charge for using your Visa Debit card for non-euro transactions, this is 2% of the transaction value with a maximum of €11.43 per transaction. 

You can view our fees and charges here

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi Gary, 

Yes, that is the correct link. The exchange rate is set by Visa. 

There is a BOI charge for using your Visa Debit card for non-euro transactions, this is 2% of the transaction value with a maximum of €11.43 per transaction. 

You can view our fees and charges here

Thanks,

Sharon
    Thanks for that. Can you confirm there is no limt on a transaction using the Visa Devit card? 21000 euro is OK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Gary,

There's no maximum limit on purchases made using your Visa Debit card, however, some retailers may set their own limits or may require further authorisation for larger amounts. This is requested through the retailers merchant services. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement

Hi Gary,

There's no maximum limit on purchases made using your Visa Debit card, however, some retailers may set their own limits or may require further authorisation for larger amounts. This is requested through the retailers merchant services. 

Thanks,

Sharon
    Thank you :)

Advertisement