Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas to Airport by bus?

Options
  • 06-09-2016 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's a maybe a private bus or an easy way of doing this, or is it handier to just pay the €15 for a taxi?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

17a to Santry and then 16 from there. No private busses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

January wrote: »
    17a to Santry and then 16 from there. No private busses.

Actually 17a to Santry and 16 or 41 from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

You could also try the free shuttles from certain hotels in Ballymun and Santry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cheers for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

All the time it would take you hopping on and off busses you'd be better off just taking a taxi door to door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I did this once.Get the 83 to Harristown bus depot, ask the driver to let you off at the junction and from there its approx 800m to walk to the Blue long term car park from where there is a free shuttle bus every 20 minutes. Its a horrible walk way too close to traffic going full pelt, I wouldnt do it again, I would just take a taxi instead. But it is do-able, if youre broke and have time to kill :pac:

Its an absolute travesty that the 140 bus doesnt go into the airport. A simple 3km extension of the route from its current terminal at IKEA into the airport would give around 200,000 people living close to a 140 bus stop from Rathmines to Finglas a direct link to the airport. But that seems way too complicated for the NTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anmat12

Cienciano wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies.

Did you find any solution?

Advertisement