Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not able to post as 'must be longer than 1 digit??'

• 06-09-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Hi

When I try and post something I get an error message saying the text I have entered is too short and must be longer than 1 digit.

It happens about 80% of the time.

So every time I post now I have to copy the text so I can paste again if necessary.

It's been doing this for a long time now, I just didn't know there was a Help forum until today!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I've had this one in the past. I couldn't really tell if it was my low speed connection that was screwing things up or something to do with the site.

Eventually I noticed that the font I was typing in in the msg reply box was different to the font normally used and when that happened I always got the error msg you had. In the end I just reloaded a page until the font used in the reply mg box went back to normal and then it would work.

Not had the problem in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Are you quoting when it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Gordon wrote: »
    Are you quoting when it happens?

Sometimes, not always though.
    It just happened there when I tried to reply to you - the exact message I get is:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
    1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

This is one of those occasions when I suggest trying clearing your internet cache closing and reopening your browser and trying again. I'd even see if problem occurs with a different browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    Sometimes, not always though.
    It just happened there when I tried to reply to you - the exact message I get is:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
    1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

That happens when you put text inside the [ quote ] tags [/ quote].

The system doesn't see the quote as being any characters, so if you are writing within the quote, then it doesn't think you're writing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Gordon wrote: »
    That happens when you put text inside the [ quote ] tags [/ quote].

The system doesn't see the quote as being any characters, so if you are writing within the quote, then it doesn't think you're writing anything.

I'm not writing within the quote tags though and it also happens when I'm not quoting anything

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've notified the tech team of this one to look into. I might need to ask you for more info later. Thanks BetsyEllen.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement