Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare Rate Afterschool Care

Options
  • 06-09-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have three schoolgoing children who I need picked up from school (walking distance) and minded in the children's own home from 2.30pm until 5pm. Can anyone advise what the weekly pay gor this would be please.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is usually 5 euro per hour for after schoo but most minders give a discount for multiple children. I reckon 125-160pw

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

If you are looking for someone to mind them in your own home then you effectively become that person's employer. Rate-wise would be at least minimum wage if not more given that there's three children to be minded. Also, you'll be responsible for payslips, PAYE, PRSI, paid Annual Leave etc. A call to Revenue will explain your obligations more thoroughly and they might have an idea of what rate you could expect to pay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ah I missed children's own home .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We employ a minder in our home. The rate will vary based on area but where we are in Dublin it is between 10-12 euro an hour, then the employer PRSI on top of that.
    I found Revenue very unhelpful and difficult to deal with. None of the PIN it sent out worked and we had to do all the work ourselves to register and file the employee payments. Not an easy process to start with, but grand once you're in the swing of things.

Advertisement