Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Blocked / Receiving Security Messages

Options
  • 06-09-2016 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello,

Why can I not make a payment with my BOI Credit Card?
    The amount I want to pay is less than I can spend, so what's the problem?
    I have no other payments pending or blocked amounts.

I did receive a text from BOI CC Security asking me to verify if the amount I want to pay is a transaction appearing on the card????
    How can it even show up there (and it doesn't) if I can't even complete the transaction?

I can't get through on your phonelines, please PM me, I want this solved today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Matthijs wrote: »
    Hello,

Why can I not make a payment with my BOI Credit Card?
    The amount I want to pay is less than I can spend, so what's the problem?
    I have no other payments pending or blocked amounts.

I did receive a text from BOI CC Security asking me to verify if the amount I want to pay is a transaction appearing on the card????
    How can it even show up there (and it doesn't) if I can't even complete the transaction?

I can't get through on your phonelines, please PM me, I want this solved today.
    Hi Matthijs, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having difficulties using your card.
    Can you let me know if you've already followed the steps in the text that you received?
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Matthijs

Hi Nicola,

No I have not, because I really don't know what option to choose would make sense.
    Choose MINE if genuine? Yes, that amount is genuine because I want to pay that amount, but it's confusing, since on the other hand it does not yet "appear" anywhere.

So, BOI do see appear it somewhere...
    Why was I blocked from paying it then?
    This is security overreach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Matthijs, 

Thanks for your reply. 

This transaction has been flagged by our Card Security Team and they are now asking you to confirm that you were the person that was trying to make this transaction. This is purely to protect the security of your account. 

If you do recognise the transaction in the text message, please reply to our security team to confirm this and they will unflag this transaction on your card. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement