Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan application - cannot activate upon approval?

Options
  • 06-09-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I got approved for a loan.  I have received the agreement email and have attempted to activate in 365online but I'm not sure if it worked.  

First I do get a confirmation page and it states a copy of my activation confirmation is in my "Sent Box". Well I can't find it, yes I see an Inbox in Service Centre but the Sent box is empty.

Second the home page in 365online still tells me I need to activate my loan lending me to think it didn't actually work. 

Can you help me out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

I got approved for a loan.  I have received the agreement email and have attempted to activate in 365online but I'm not sure if it worked.  

First I do get a confirmation page and it states a copy of my activation confirmation is in my "Sent Box". Well I can't find it, yes I see an Inbox in Service Centre but the Sent box is empty.

Second the home page in 365online still tells me I need to activate my loan lending me to think it didn't actually work. 

Can you help me out?

Thanks.
    Hi methodinsane, thanks for getting in touch.
    I'm going to check this with our lending team now and will come back to you with an update.
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 41 methodinsane

Hi Nicola,

OK thanks.  I'm waiting to pay for a car as soon as the loan comes in.

Thanks,
    John Paul 
    Hi,

Can you help me out?

Thanks.
    Hi methodinsane, thanks for getting in touch.
    I'm going to check this with our lending team now and will come back to you with an update.
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi methodinsane, 

Can you please send us a private message with your full name and contact number?

To send a private message, please click on the link in my signature. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi methodinsane, 

Can you please send us a private message with your full name and contact number?

To send a private message, please click on the link in my signature. 

Thanks,

Sharon
    Hi Sharon.

Thanks.  It didn't let me direct message you so I sent a PM to the reps if that's what you needed?

Best Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks John Paul, 

I have just checked and there's no PM from you in our Reps inbox. Could you try send it again?

Sharon

• Advertisement

Thanks John Paul, 

I have just checked and there's no PM from you in our Reps inbox. Could you try send it again?

Sharon
    Thanks Sharon.  

When sending a private message to you I'm greet with this: "Bank of Ireland: Sharon has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Sharon from the recipient list and send the message again."

That's fine, l just sent a PM to the reps there via your profile, the last one must have failed because this one shows up in my sent box.

Cheers,
    John Paul 

Hi Sharon,

It's OK I checked 365 and the loan has come through so obviously the activation was successful.  I think it be made better by perhaps sending a text or get an explicit email regarding this.

Just one last thing -

Could you tell how long it normally takes for a transfer to complete from BOI to a different bank e.g account in BOI to account in AIB?

Thanks for your help,
    John Paul
    Thanks John Paul, 

Sharon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Thanks for getting back to us John Paul, we're glad to hear this has come through for you. 

SEPA transfers will generally take one working day to reach the payee account once the payment is made before 3.30pm on a working day. If you sent a transfer to an AIB account now (after 3.30pm), this payment will be processed tomorrow and will reach AIB on Thursday. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement