Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G coverage

Options
  • 06-09-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi, 

Can't get any 4G coverage in Limerick although Eir are " [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]#1 Network in Overall Network Performance in Limerick, as awarded by RootMetrics®"[/font]

Phone is LTE enabled, do i need to change settings or is this a network issue ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

boosabum wrote: »
    Hi, 

Can't get any 4G coverage in Limerick although Eir are " [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]#1 Network in Overall Network Performance in Limerick, as awarded by RootMetrics®"[/font]

Hi  boosabum,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear this. Try doing a location update on the device. Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. Let me know if that works. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear this. Try doing a location update on the device. Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. Let me know if that works. 

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do
    No problem boosabum, let me know how you get on.

-Pamela 

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Unfortunately, i'm not having success. to be honest i only ever seem to get data transfer in H+ mode, the 3G doesn't seem to function either. Is there any way to know if this is a handset or network issue ?

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Unfortunately, i'm not having success. to be honest i only ever seem to get data transfer in H+ mode, the 3G doesn't seem to function either. Is there any way to know if this is a handset or network issue ?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes there is indeed [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]boosabum,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend handset testing at this stage. You would need to try your sim in a different phone and this will determine if it is a handset issue. If you do not have a spare handset any of our eir Stores will be able to assist with this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes there is indeed [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]boosabum,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend handset testing at this stage. You would need to try your sim in a different phone and this will determine if it is a handset issue. If you do not have a spare handset any of our eir Stores will be able to assist with this. [/font]

thanks

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

thanks
    No problem  boosabum,

-Pamela 

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

thanks
    No problem  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    I tested my card on 3 different handsets and the result is the same. No 4G coverage where it would be expected. This was also at one of the eir stores.
    I have been with eir for possibly 2 or more years on a sim free rolling one month contract. is it possible that i'm locked into a non 4G deal ?
    From my point, if i cant get resolution then i'll move to another provider  

Hi, 

Hi  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    thanks, will do

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

thanks
    No problem  boosabum,

-Pamela 
    I tested my card on 3 different handsets and the result is the same. No 4G coverage where it would be expected. This was also at one of the eir stores.
    I have been with eir for possibly 2 or more years on a sim free rolling one month contract. is it possible that i'm locked into a non 4G deal ?
    From my point, if i cant get resolution then i'll move to another provider  
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is possible [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]boosabum,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]it could be your plan or a new sim may be required. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your mobile number and pin and I'll check this.[/font]

Advertisement