Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Albufeira Recommendations

• 06-09-2016 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Any recommendations for nice restaurants in Ablufeira? Staying self catering in the Old town and want to treat ourselves for evening dinner most nights.

A nice steakhouse or something for a couple that people were impressed with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Stayed in December a few years back so it was slim pickings in terms of open restaurants, you may have more luck though if you're going within season. I do remember one called Invictus that was nice but it was so long ago that I couldn't stand by the recommendation now. Check out this list, might give you a good idea of places to try:

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurants-g189112-Albufeira_Faro_District_Algarve.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We were there last year for a few days for a wedding. The only place we had a chance to dine out in was Bank steakhouse which is located just off one corner of the old town square - it's fairly prominent. It was really nice if quite pricey. There were a few other steakhouses dotted around away from the square that I would have liked to try but we didn't have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RomeWeddingGal

Don't bother with the Mexican restaurant down at the beach that always has a queue, it's extremely bland... although their nachos were grand.

The nicest meal we had was actually an Italian restaurant. It was so tasty that we went back twice, and if it's not too chilly/windy, they open the rooftop patio so there's a nice view out across the beach/sea. It's called Ricardo's Pizzeria on Rua da Bateria.

Avoid the sushi/Japanese place up some steps in the Old Town, I can't remember what it was called but everything was horribly oily. There are much nicer Japanese restaurants in Santa Eulalia - one called Happy Sumo and another called Fuji that has a teppanyaki chef and one of the best meals we had on the trip.

Advertisement