Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time selling with an Estate Agent

Options
  • 06-09-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks. Apologies if this has been done before.
    Just about to put our house on the market and at the very beginning having to decide which estate agent to pick, etc...
    Has anyone any tips they can offer to make this as painless a process as possible?
    One has already put me on the spot by asking what figure you have in mind and what is our mortgage, which I thought was a small bit personal.
    I gave him a rough figure. Just want to get 3 of them out and value the house and see where to go from there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

kormak wrote: »
    Hi Folks. Apologies if this has been done before.
    Just about to put our house on the market and at the very beginning having to decide which estate agent to pick, etc...
    Has anyone any tips they can offer to make this as painless a process as possible?
    One has already put me on the spot by asking what figure you have in mind and what is our mortgage, which I thought was a small bit personal.
    I gave him a rough figure. Just want to get 3 of them out and value the house and see where to go from there.
    You can value it yourself by checking what similar houses in the area have sold for - www.propertypriceregister.ie

This will give you a good idea of what selling price you will get.

As for agent - check the fees. Usually 1% + vat is achievable especially if your house is in an area of demand.

They will be representing you, so its also down to gut feeling. Get them to tell you why they should choose you over another local agent.

Advertisement