Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircoach from Cork to Dublin airport - Advice?

Options
  • 06-09-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the route from Cork (St Patrick's quay) to Dublin airport.

I have to catch a flight in Dublin quite early in the morning (7 am) in a few weeks and I was wondering how risky it would be to take the bus instead of paying for a night in a hotel in Dublin.

I'm planning on taking the 1 am bus which is supposed to arrived at the airport around 4.30 am.

Do you have any experience with this service? It would be my first time using Aircoach and to be honest I am pretty anxious about missing my flight.

I don't have any lugage to check in but I can't remember how big/busy Dublin airport is.

Thanks a bunch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Used the bus a few weeks ago. Left Cork at 6am. Arrived in Dublin (Bachelors Quay) at exactly 9am, as promised, despite heavy morning traffic.

I'd be fairly confident the bus will be in Dublin Airport for 4.30 and that should give you plenty of time to get to your gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Just make sure you have your ticket bought in advance for the specific time of 1:00am. It can be really busy sometimes and you won't be left on.

It always runs on time though, will definitely get you there by 4.30 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Marine.S

Thanks very much guys, I really appreciate your help!

I will keep all your advice in mind!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ruginator

Got the 1am a few weeks ago for a 6:15am flight. Got up in plenty of time. The bus was so busy and so booked that there was actually two buses departing from Cork at 1am. So make sure you book in advance.

Bus ran on time . Great service. Much better than paying for accommodation for only a couple of hours. Really good service. I'd have no hesitation in doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Yeah, as already said it's often heavily booked at that time. We took the 1AM coach a few weeks ago and there was a second bus that easily filled up too. I think the bus arrived into Dublin airport at 4AM, or maybe shortly after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I find the 1am bus normally has two running, one will try go straight to airport.

Check gob too, never as busy but same service. Time may not suit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Very good service, used it quite a few times with no delays to note.

Sometimes you might have to wrap up or dress down as the on board heating/air con can be a bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Marine.S wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the route from Cork (St Patrick's quay) to Dublin airport.

I have to catch a flight in Dublin quite early in the morning (7 am) in a few weeks and I was wondering how risky it would be to take the bus instead of paying for a night in a hotel in Dublin.

I'm planning on taking the 1 am bus which is supposed to arrived at the airport around 4.30 am.

Do you have any experience with this service? It would be my first time using Aircoach and to be honest I am pretty anxious about missing my flight.

I don't have any lugage to check in but I can't remember how big/busy Dublin airport is.

Thanks a bunch
    It's very reliable. I stayed in the Travelodge (Dublin South) last summer, the night before and regretted doing so. I had to get a taxi to the hotel as the bus stopped running quite early. Had to get another bus the following morning from the hotel to the airport, as well as paying for the hotel, where I didn't sleep very well. I had been in favour of taking the aircoach at 1.00 a.m. but it was my travelling companion's decision to travel the night before. I won't be doing that in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I've also used the aircoach many times and it has always been on time.

Advertisement