Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV HELP

• 06-09-2016 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi guys,

SO my apartment block had some sky malarky set up but has gotten beyond crap lately. Can anyone recommend cheap TV alternatives...like those boxes you can buy once off payment and have a number of channels on it?? Sorry, i'm useless at describing things. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

you wha? wrote: »
    Hi guys,

SO my apartment block had some sky malarky set up but has gotten beyond crap lately. Can anyone recommend cheap TV alternatives...like those boxes you can buy once off payment and have a number of channels on it?? Sorry, i'm useless at describing things. Thanks in advance :)

Do you mean boxes based on WiFi or FTA satellite boxes??

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Im gonna go with wifi cuz i dont know what the other is :P thanks

Do you mean boxes based on WiFi or FTA satellite boxes??

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Do some research on these.

Great piece of kit.

You will get them much cheaper elsewhere but you won't get the guarantee.

https://androidtvbox-kodi.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If you have an Android phone, you can pull the subscription card from the Sky box and run it free-to-air, invest in a cheap little digital rabbit-ear arial for Saorview and a Google Chromecast for the TV, and run Show Box and Mobdro on the phone and cast to the TV. Assuming your TV and phone are up to it, all this can be yours for the princely outlay of around €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Don't think you can get FTA on the Sky + boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Don't think you can get FTA on the Sky + boxes.

I think it's the Sky+HD boxes that won't do FTA properly. Could be wrong.

Advertisement