Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW's Clash Of Champions (Sept 25) Pre-Show Thread *Spoilers*

• 06-09-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Clash_of_Champions_Logo.png

The inaugural Clash Of Champions & first RAW only PPV since the Brand Split in July.. 3 matches announced so far.

Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
    The New Day (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson Tag team match for the

Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
    Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks

More matches TBA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

The following have been added too

Chris Jericho v Sami Zayn

Rusev v Roman Reigns for US Title

Match 7 between Sheamus and Cesaro

Bayley added to Women's Championship match to make it a triple threat

TJ Perkins v Brian Kendrick for the Cruiserweight Title

Nia Jax v Alicia Fox on the pre show

Looks like a very strong show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It should be a good show if they don't ruin it with screwy finishes.

I'm guessing HHH will help Owens defeat Rollins in the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roman Reigns to end up Tag team & US & Universal Champion by the end of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

God love ya watching a 3 hour RAW and a 3 hour single-brand PPV the night before another 3 hour RAW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Why did they leave out the "the"... i.e. shouldn't it be "Clash of THE Champions"? Just one of those annoying changes they make that annoy me.

Anyway, looks like a cracking card match quality wise, but the storylines behind most of the matches are weak, so it's hard to care too much. The contrast with the SD ppv a few weeks ago is huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Why did they leave out the "the"... i.e. shouldn't it be "Clash of THE Champions"?.

Its that time of the bastard week when king Ross has finally joined boards mother****er!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't think I've ever seen a PPV thread so quiet! They've only had the brand split for a long month and we're suffering from over-saturation already.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I like it. The PPVs are usually a good time and the TV is so weak I say have as little TV between PPVs as possible. (Watch me get burned on this in a few hours when HHH cashes in some new money in the bank)

Wait this is tonight!?!! Well that crept up on me! Time to put the coffee on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seriously debating whether to stay up for this or just read the thread tomorrow morning..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Was in the middle of posting a summary of why the overall card is uninspiring, then hit clear text, can't be arsed.

Much like RAW creative can't be making it appear important.

Cesaro v Sheamus sums it up. No matches in the whole thing felt important and we were bound to be sick of it by the end. A match that needs a Gimmick, street fight, cage, anything to jazz it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The build up has been extremely subpar, and I can't say there's a massive stand out match.

Owens vs Rollins will probably be great in the ring, but I guarantee there'll be a cluster**** of an ending, probably with HHH getting involved again. I know that tomorrow when I come back to this thread, it will be discussing HHH's interference....

After that, it's a tonne of matches we've seen multiple times; New Day vs Gallows & Anderson, Cesaro vs Sheamus, Rusev vs Reigns. The Women and Jericho/Zayn might do well, but neither are "I can't wait" matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The fact I forgot this was on until I saw this bumped says a lot.

Agree with TSC on the main event, it screams screwy ending. Will read the results tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im off to Portugal tomorrow morning so really i could easily stay up and watch this.....BUT I have a nagging feeling that its not gonna be good. Dont get me wrong, i hope it is. Owens/Rollins, Sheamus/Cesaro, Zayn/Jericho, TJP/Kendrick, Roman/Rusev and Banks/Bayley/Charlotte on paper is a fantastic card. But if Sasha is off the womens match will be a disaster, the cruisers might only get 10 mins total, Sheamus and Cesaro will play out to silence and mean nothing in 2 weeks time, Roman isnt over, Zayn and Jericho has no heat behind it and we all know HHH is making an appearance in the Title match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll watch it tomorrow at fast forward.

With regards the tag match, I would like New Day to lose the titles, but not to The Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ye I couldn't be arsed watching it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Picture on the PS4 is superb but the sound is going on and off.

Using a power plug on an updated PS4 FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Wouldn't even let me watch the live stream. I had to watch from the beginning, 10 minutes behind...

Wouldn't even let me watch the live stream. I had to watch from the beginning, 10 minutes behind...

Think I sorted my issues.(upstairs plug with the Ethernet cable connection to the PS4 was not fully plugged in lol)

Are enzo and Cass not on the card at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Serious question here, who am I supposed to be cheering for in the Owens vs Rollins match? I've not enjoyed RAW lately so only seen bits and pieces but even from the vignette I've no idea who WWE want me to root for. Rollins the whiny git or Owens the arrogant suit? Entire story seems to be based on Rollins complaining that Stephanie didn't help him win while Owens needed Corporate help to win so are they both heel?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna be fairly pissed if the Club don't leave champs. So sick of New Day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Angron wrote: »
    Gonna be fairly pissed if the Club don't leave champs. So sick of New Day.

It was an interesting touch by the commentators to mention the history of how few teams have been tag champs in WWE and IWGP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it's nice that they've been a bit more acknowledging of Japanese titles since lads like Styles, Finn, The Club, and Nakamura have come in.

Oh come the **** on.

Hell in a cell is the next raw ppv on 30th Oct

I can almost guess who will be In the actual HIAC match cough Owens cough Cesaro.

New day retain yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Crowd were fairly hot for that.

All I can see on Big E's boots is the Black Spider-Man/Venom symbol.

Haha, love the Street Fighter style entrance for Perkins

Oh, just noticed the ropes are purple.

Kinda odd being able to see the wrestlers heading back up the ramp, and the refs going down to the ring from behind the commentators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That ad's better than the game will be.

Cool match.

The Suplex City ad is class as well. Like some of the old burning warehouse ads from the late 90s.

Aye, the match was good, hopefully we'll get a good bit more from the division going forward.

Damn, for a second there I thought Cesaro was going to go for a hurricanrana.

So is this the last match of the series ???

Don't want to see them 2 in the ring together again for a long long time

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So is this the last match of the series ???

Don't want to see them 2 in the ring together again for a long long time
    Yes, unless WWE contrive some reason to keep them together, like have them captain teams at the Survivor Series or something.

...I definitely was not expecting to see a 619.

• Advertisement

Jesus caesaro!

Angron wrote: »
    Yes, unless WWE contrive some reason to keep them together, like have them captain teams at the Survivor Series or something.

...I definitely was not expecting to see a 619.

They will both be on team raw fighting for captaincy ?

Oof, that could have been nasty.

What if it ends in a draw with a double count out....

"Jeeeesus"

• Advertisement

This PPV is not endearing itself to me.

Weird, weird ending. It was a really fine match until then. Very impressed by both guys.

"Jeeeesus"

Best of 7 round 2 ??

Had to laugh at the guy that was barely touched by Seamus leg going over the railing and then stayed down longer than both the lads. Now that guy knows how to sell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Out of curiosity, what happens to bets involving Cesaro and Sheamus?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I've done my best to stick this one out live, but having Jericho go over Zayn, the stupid ending to the Best of 7 match, and The Club not win; the rest can be watched on Fast Forward in the morning!

Worst quality Network stream I've had for a PPV... keeps freezing and then jumping ahead. Missed the end to Zayn / Jericho. :(
    Also the results so far.... wtf...

Jeez its like Dana has never seen charlottes entrance before. Stay out of the way!

rubbish end to that women's match. I wish this live show all the best in it's future endeavours. I'm out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

rubbish end to that women's match. I wish this live show all the best in it's future endeavours. I'm out..

Made Bayley look very weak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement