Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW's Clash Of Champions (Sept 25) Pre-Show Thread *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is it worth watching?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Glad I decided to give up and go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So to watch this or wait and watch all the rematches that a bound to happen on RAW tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, at least I was wrong about HHH interfering....

But it was really a nothing show. The only massive thing was Reigns winning the US title, but even that's going to result in a rematch.

In fact I'd bet 90% of HiaC is the exact same as this, since nearly every match ended in some form of a disruption or shady story.

Owens/Rollins was screwy finish.
    New Day won by cheating.
    Cesaro/Sheamus went to a weird ending.
    Triple thread had constant Dana interference
    Kendrick attacking Perkins after the match

Only Rusev/Reigns and Jericho/Sami had "clean" finishes, and the former still had Lana getting involved.

Complete filler of a PPV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So to watch this or wait and watch all the rematches that a bound to happen on RAW tonight.
    Wouldn't bother watching it, nothing of note really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i really hope that there nor trying to make roman all patriotic route to get him cheered cause he has the us title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So the big match in the best of 7 series ends in a no contest, on PPV, and the main event ends with a ref bump and interference.

Keep that up and they'll start bleeding subscribers like Raw viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Flicking through the ppv now. Cesaros suicide dive ended with him landing on his neck. Ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Well, at least I was wrong about HHH interfering....

But it was really a nothing show. The only massive thing was Reigns winning the US title, but even that's going to result in a rematch.

In fact I'd bet 90% of HiaC is the exact same as this, since nearly every match ended in some form of a disruption or shady story.

Owens/Rollins was screwy finish.
    New Day won by cheating.
    Cesaro/Sheamus went to a weird ending.
    Triple thread had constant Dana interference
    Kendrick attacking Perkins after the match

Only Rusev/Reigns and Jericho/Sami had "clean" finishes, and the former still had Lana getting involved.

Complete filler of a PPV.

Can see there being 2 actual HIAC matches at the next raw ppv. Cesaro vs Sheamus (winner wins the series) and a tornado tag match for the Universal title KO/Y2J vs Seth/mystery partner(who will be Sami Zayn)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Read the results of the final two matches on Wiki. Doubt I'll even watch them back tbh.

Let's all look forward to another month of "is she heel, or isn't she" crap with Steph's intentions, dominating the show. Before inevitably...she is..., and the authority return. Hurray!

Unless they bring up Joe or Nakamura to mix things up a bit, I'm struggling to see what will keep me interested in Raw going forward. They've even ruined heel champion Owens though, so not even sure Joe and Nakamura would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

That Suicide dive by Cesaro is no better illustration of the needless risks some of the lads are taking. It added nothing to what was already a very enjoyable match and how he didn't **** himself up doing it is simply a miracle.

Mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Steph seemed to smile when she turned away after the pin. And she looked really good in that shot.

For Cesaro, from the slo mo replay, it looked like the intention was a cannonball type move with his back supposed to hit Sheamus, but his feet hit the rope so didn't get the full flip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The suicide dive is pointless anyway due to its over-use. I'm pretty sure it was used in every match last night.

The only time it actually gets a big crowd response is when the person doing it nearly breaks their neck like Cesaro last night or Sasha a few weeks ago.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The suicide dive is pointless anyway due to its over-use. I'm pretty sure it was used in every match last night.

The only time it actually gets a big crowd response is when the person doing it nearly breaks their neck like Cesaro last night or Sasha a few weeks ago.

It's pretty much the cue for a commercial break these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Steph seemed to smile when she turned away after the pin. And she looked really good in that shot./quote]

She turned 40 the other day too

Still would though lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Read the results of the final two matches on Wiki. Doubt I'll even watch them back tbh.

Let's all look forward to another month of "is she heel, or isn't she" crap with Steph's intentions, dominating the show. Before inevitably...she is..., and the authority return. Hurray!

Unless they bring up Joe or Nakamura to mix things up a bit, I'm struggling to see what will keep me interested in Raw going forward. They've even ruined heel champion Owens though, so not even sure Joe and Nakamura would help.

I think that's the way it's going to go too. The only thing I wonder about is Foley. I wonder will we get a twist where he was also in on it all along. He has been sticking up for Stephanie a lot. Or perhaps he knows Steph is lying and he has some sort of Plan B in place that Hunter and her don't know about. The Foley aspect is the only thing that mildly interests me but I suspect like yourself it will end up putting Stephanie front and centre.

In hindsight the decision to bring back Rollins as a heel has been very costly. He was way more over the night he returned than he has been subsequently, and if he had been brought back as a babyface then the match with Finn wouldn't have happened and we would have a much fresher title scene with Finn around.

If there are any time travelling wrestling fans reading this then go back and convince Vince to have Seth return as a face please.

I think that's the way it's going to go too. The only thing I wonder about is Foley. I wonder will we get a twist where he was also in on it all along. He has been sticking up for Stephanie a lot. Or perhaps he knows Steph is lying and he has some sort of Plan B in place that Hunter and her don't know about. The Foley aspect is the only thing that mildly interests me but I suspect like yourself it will end up putting Stephanie front and centre.

You know, Mick looked so utterly pathetic last night in both his segment with Steph and Rollins, that I really hope this is where they are going. But thinking more about it, there really aren't any outcomes that I'd like to see.

1. He was in on it with HHH and Steph - Authority v482.122, hurray!
    2. He was in on it with HHH, but not Steph - what do they then do, have a face Steph help Rollins win back the title from a heel Mick / Owens? Can't see that working.

Most likely we'll see Mick continue to be the balless face commissioner who kow tows to the eventual heel Steph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is there any reason to watch clash of champions ? Who decided there was going to be two branded ppvs a month ?

Why couldn't they just use the old system from the first brand split ? Just keep the ppvs you already have and just alternate the brand that has the ppv so that both brands have time to build storylines from ppv to ppv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

A glorified ep of raw.

Eminently missable tbh.

But a silver lining of the two PPV format is that the Smackdown team seem to know what they are at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Eminently missable tbh.

But a silver lining of the two PPV format is that the Smackdown team seem to know what they are at.

Yeah the bits I've seen of smackdown it seems a okay show.

Advertisement