Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House-Sharing or 1-Bed's in Dublin

Options
  • 06-09-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've recently got a job in Dublin and start early next month. Are decent 1 bed's really that hard to come by? There was a 1-bed studio apartment advertised on Daft in Ranelagh today and the estate agent told me he's already had 87 emails about the place and numerous phonecalls... this is all within the first 3 hours of being posted!! Is it really that bad at the moment?

I'd really like my own place, but if there's that much competition I don't mind house sharing. Is there fierce competition for house shares too?! I'm willing to pay about 800e per month for a decent place. I'll be working in the City Centre, but don't mind venturing out to be suburbs so long as its on the Dart line.

Also, I've lived down under for the past 5/6 years. What references do landlords normally require? I suppose I could get a reference from my future employers?

Advertisement