Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Vuelta Stage 17: Castellón - Llucena / Camins del Penyagolosa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

And all finished together. Froome like a yoyo, ballsy though

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

And all finished together. Froome like a yoyo, ballsy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Froome back. Top 4 in GC all together in last k

What kinda time will froome get on the tt I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

that was a weird finish

Over all

Crw1BpxXEAA9Z5C.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

terrydel wrote: »
    What kinda time will froome get on the tt I wonder?

General consensus is with both on top form he is good for 2 mins or more, but 3.5 mins is a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

The phrase 'Froome is dropped' is so lame...He is never dropped
    Better if comms said 'Wait Froome is about to spin up the washing machine' more correct and apt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Great effort by Frank on another brutal murderous climb.
    Never call Froome gone till it's over is certainly true. We've seen that kind of stuff from him before on more than one occasion.
    I presume Contador is expected to comfortably overhaul Chaves in the tt?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 WerethoBike

Great read news;
    For those working daytime, that do not have leisure time to view live coverage today

The Replay if Stage 17 on Eurosport is in at 23:00 tonight
    (The US Tennis biz this taking a lot of Eurosport tinetable!?
    More Vuelta I thinks!)

It would have been if benefit to record the live coverage cof stage 17
    C"east LA vie, velo & Vuelta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Just watching a recording of the stage today and love for the vuelta grows every year. I love how they are beach side and within 15 minutes there on a 22% climb without all the gob****es that the tdf attracts.

I also love how one Spanish copper with a batton keeps a whole group of fans in check by just puffing his chest out at them. No messing about with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

off topic Q r

am i just imaging that Eurosport 1, and Eurosport 1 HD were both on UPC and I had both and now all I have is Eurosport 1 HD and 2 HD and all I get is Tennis!?

Did Eurosport 1 regular disappear with the change to Virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    off topic Q r

am i just imaging that Eurosport 1, and Eurosport 1 HD were both on UPC and I had both and now all I have is Eurosport 1 HD and 2 HD and all I get is Tennis!?

They are the same channel. Just hd and regular definition. Both had the same programs on them

Just watching a recording of the stage today and love for the vuelta grows every year. I love how they are beach side and within 15 minutes there on a 22% climb without all the gob****es that the tdf attracts.

I also love how one Spanish copper with a batton keeps a whole group of fans in check by just puffing his chest out at them. No messing about with them

Yeah the crowd behaviour & control have been superb. A real absence of spectators trying to be the stars of the show.

pelevin wrote: »
    Yeah the crowd behaviour & control have been superb. A real absence of spectators trying to be the stars of the show.

The police arent taking any **** and a few of them of them havent been afraid at forcefully pushing fans back

neris wrote: »
    The police arent taking any **** and a few of them of them havent been afraid at forcefully pushing fans back

Yeah, they're not shy about their job but they don't look like they're over the top either, looking to be aggressive, which would spoil things in a different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

pelevin wrote: »
    Yeah, they're not shy about their job but they don't look like they're over the top either, looking to be aggressive, which would spoil things in a different way.

I think they are able to do that because the locals know that they will not take any sh!t from them, so they are able to control it without doing much more than looking at the crowd.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

off topic Q r

I sat down at 11 last night to watch the highlights. They were showing men's doubles on Eurosport 2, but the guide said the Vuelta was on. Disaster.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    I sat down at 11 last night to watch the highlights. They were showing men's doubles on Eurosport 2, but the guide said the Vuelta was on. Disaster.

the eurosport schedule is like irish train time tables

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Brian? wrote: »

I watched until the end of the tennis and then set the recorder to start amd end later to account for the delay. I then watched an episode of Narcos and went to bed. Came home from work today and after the kids went to bed went to watch the last 10k of the race only to discover that it wasn't there. Just watched it in Russian on Youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

terrydel wrote: »
    Shock horror, Tejay Van Garderen abandons.
    Must be the biggest mental weakling in cycling.

That's a bit harsh on the lad. He is obviously trying his hardest but just can't go the distance on GTs at that level. Maybe his management need to cop on and take him away from GTs and put him in eight day races instead where his physical capabilities won't be as strained. I don't think that mental strength is an issue here versus physical factors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Or just make him a domestique? He can go balls out for a few days...just cant make it stick

• Registered Users Posts: 36 WerethoBike

off topic Q r

Evening ,

The change from UPC to Virgin digital communications broadcast, has caused, confusion!
    Plus I have noticed though the past days,
    The Veulta coverage is being effected by the US tennis coverage?

I guess it is about sponsors & advertising?
    Tennis Ads are more £££ for Eurosport

Any which way!!

The Vuelta 2016 is an more than interesting Grand Tour..

Advertisement