Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't ever change

Options
  • 06-09-2016 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

So eircom think its a good idea to send a debt collection agency to collect 70 quid off my pensioner parents that you agree isn't owed!
    But of course eircom won't talk to them to clarify the issue.

Oh and to add to the clustre fcuk you passed on the contact details of my mam but the debt collection agency won't talk to her.

Congratulations eircom! You haven't changed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

ganmo wrote: »
    So eircom think its a good idea to send a debt collection agency to collect 70 quid off my pensioner parents that you agree isn't owed!

Oh and to add to the clustre fcuk you passed on the contact details of my mam but the debt collection agency won't talk to her.

Have to agree - having been a customer for 25 years I changed providers earlier this year. 

All was sorted (or so I thought) until I received a further bill for €58 which turned out to be for the non return of a 3 year old modem. Modem returned and direct debit cancelled, I then receive a further bill €71 to include a charge for a returned direct debit (!!! not a customer anymore). Next I received a letter from a debt collection company demanding payment which I have advised them I don't owe and won't be paying. Complaint to Eir a waste of time

Very shoddy treatment of a ex long time customer - won't be returning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

the modem was returned by hand to ensure that there'd be no chance of eircom saying that they didn't get it.

I don't think the collection agency will be happy when they have to pay all the court fees and my parents produce the email saying - your bill is €0.00. Case dismissed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ganmo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. Are you a named contact on their account? Please feel free to PM me the account number and I can arrange to have this balance recalled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

kranbo wrote: »

Have to agree - having been a customer for 25 years I changed providers earlier this year. 

All was sorted (or so I thought) until I received a further bill for €58 which turned out to be for the non return of a 3 year old modem. Modem returned and direct debit cancelled, I then receive a further bill €71 to include a charge for a returned direct debit (!!! not a customer anymore). Next I received a letter from a debt collection company demanding payment which I have advised them I don't owe and won't be paying. Complaint to Eir a waste of time

Very shoddy treatment of a ex long time customer - won't be returning
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kranbo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this, please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can assist you with.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. Are you a named contact on their account? Please feel free to PM me the account number and I can arrange to have this balance recalled.[/font]

No I'm not, My mam attempted to speak to someone yesterday to fix it but after an age pressing 1 and on hold the Eircom person just said your account balance is nil and hung up after my mam asked to speak to the person who thinks she owes them money.

I will PM you the phone number as I don't have the account number to hand

• Advertisement

No I'm not, My mam attempted to speak to someone yesterday to fix it but after an age pressing 1 and on hold the Eircom person just said your account balance is nil and hung up after my mam asked to speak to the person who thinks she owes them money.

I will PM you the phone number as I don't have the account number to hand
    No problem  ganmo, I have responded to your PM.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela
    Thanks for sorting this out but it really should never of gotten to here.

Hi Pamela
    Thanks for sorting this out but it really should never of gotten to here.
    No problem ganmo, glad I could help. I agree and I will have this flagged with the relevant teams.

-Pamela 

Advertisement