Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Graduate Entry Fees - whats going on. . . .

Options
  • 06-09-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. I am considering applying for a Graduate Entry medical degree and am shocked to find how expensive the fees are . I am trying to make sense of why postgraduate students are being charged so much more for the postgraduate route in medical disciplines.

I was wondering if anyone can help me understand this as these fees are sure prohibitively expensive for many students that wish to study a medical discipline after studying an undergrad.

I am trying to find information on why these fees are so much more than undergraduate fees and can not find this info anywhere? I am fully aware of free fee's initiative for first time undergrad through CAO or mature entry route. I also understand once you have completed a undergrad you have used your free fees however this is not what I am questioning.

For example one degree I have looked at the *full fees* for undergraduate is €8815 per year. For the same course ''graduate entry'' is €14500 per year. This is a substantial difference in fees and I am trying to find out why?

Another programme I am looking at states in its fee schedule that is costs €10,000 per year. ( This is student and government contribution ) However if I apply through the graduate entry route it will cost €15,000 per year.

It would be more manageable to pay the €8,000 - €10,000 per year but € 14,000 - € 15,000 per year for what I assume is the same subject content seems a little excessive. Why is this the case?

Can anyone shed any light in this please?

Thank You.

Advertisement