Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FILM CAMERAS IN DUBLIN

• 06-09-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm looking to buy film cameras in Dublin like the Canon AE-1. Not too interested to find newer ones with plastic bodies.

The only place I have found any is on adverts.ie

They are either overpriced or broken or something is going on so in wondering if there are any second hand camera shops or charity shops or vintage shops in Dublin that sell film cameras? If anybody knows a shop or website that sells them, that would be a great help, thank you,

Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Would you try ebay for an AE-1? That's where I got mine from and it's never let me down.
    You can always try and haggle on adverts as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

gunns, conns or bermingham cameras would carry secondhand stock. not so sure about the camera centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Conns have stopped taking in film cameras as trade ins haven't they?
    Try Gunns but they don't seem to sell that much second hand gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dave319

Hi EMFXW,

I don't often post on boards, but came across your request.
    I have two manual film SLR's not doing a whole lot these days.
    Both still working with a few extra lens, if you were interested.

Olympus OM1-N and a Pentax K1000

regards
    D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Every now and again something will pop up in one of the charity stores, but it seems most people put them up on adverts or ebay. There are a few charity shops on Capel st. that occasionally have stuff, mostly crappy little compacts though. My best find ever was a Contax 167mt with a 50mm CZ Planar and a 28mm CZ Distagon in a charity shop in Dundrum. Complete with flash, instruction manual, and bag :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Dave319 wrote: »

ah jaysus, you don't just give away an OM1 casually.
    you have to make the recipient do something to deserve it. they're lovely cameras.

LOL, true the OM1 was/is a lovely camera, took some great pictures with down through the years.
    but the last time I used it was ten years ago, when I did my brother in laws wedding in B&W. Since then it's just been hiding away in a press.

These days I tend to use two small point and squirts, a Fuji digital, and Olympus film can't remember the models
    or my phone
    :'(

I was wrong about the Pentax it's a Spotmatic not K1000, belonged to my late father, but I preferred the OM.

Anyhow if anyone has a use for them, come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cathyb87

LOL, true the OM1 was/is a lovely camera, took some great pictures with down through the years.
    but the last time I used it was ten years ago, when I did my brother in laws wedding in B&W. Since then it's just been hiding away in a press.

These days I tend to use two small point and squirts, a Fuji digital, and Olympus film can't remember the models
    or my phone
    :'(

I was wrong about the Pentax it's a Spotmatic not K1000, belonged to my late father, but I preferred the OM.

Anyhow if anyone has a use for them, come back to me.

Hey Dave how much for the OM? :)

You have a PM Cathyb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Mod reminder folks.. no selling here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

I have an [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Olympus OM1n along with a few lens, its a great little camera. I haven't used it much recently myself with digital[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EMFXW

Hi EMFXW,

regards
    D

Thanks very much for the offer but I have a Pentax ME Super now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Am not selling here, have read through the thread:).

have the above, which the lens is suffering from the sticky lens problem.
    Just discovered that the rangefinder is kaput as well, suggests the selenium cell is fully decayed, despite having been in a case this last 30 years.
    Anyway, anybody here want it before I recycle it or decide to strip down for a look see:)
    Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement