Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cafe to relax

• 06-09-2016 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭

I know this maybe a bit unusual but I am holidays and due to the warm weather decided to go around the city have a book and read a bit. What cafes would be best that you could go in order a coffee and drink it at your leisure and read a book and not feel you have to rush and get out. By at you leisure I mean max 30 mins without buying a second cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

never been kicked out of the Hook and Ladder or Ban an Ti when having a coffee, cake and good read of the paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

30 mins is nothing! :pac: You should be fine in Hook and Ladder, The Buttery, Arabica, Carlton (high seats only but good for people watching!) and Bean an Ti.Starbucks is nice and roomy too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was in the Stormy Teacup this afternoon for the first time in ages. Must have spent nearly 90 minutes playing board-games in there. Very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

An File wrote: »
    I was in the Stormy Teacup this afternoon for the first time in ages. Must have spent nearly 90 minutes playing board-games in there. Very nice indeed.

Where is Stormy teacup. The last time I was in Hook and Ladder I would have finished a book with the time it took to get served

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Where is Stormy teacup. The last time I was in Hook and Ladder I would have finished a book with the time it took to get served

It's in one of the lanes off Foxes Bow, opposite the pet care shop.

The Cellar Door used to be just around the corner from it. That was a lovely spot when it was open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

On Sunday - we called into a lovely place on Little Catherine Street called "Olio & Farina".

It's a rarity that any place is open for a coffee/tea of a Sunday in Limerick, so this was a very pleasant surprise.

The girls were lovely, and the POT OF TEA was just what the Dr ordered. Absolutely no rushing - chill time and watch the world go by!

Thanks ladies if you're reading this!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

LB6 wrote: »
    On Sunday - we called into a lovely place on Little Catherine Street called "Olio & Farina".

It's a rarity that any place is open for a coffee/tea of a Sunday in Limerick, so this was a very pleasant surprise.

The girls were lovely, and the POT OF TEA was just what the Dr ordered. Absolutely no rushing - chill time and watch the world go by!

Thanks ladies if you're reading this!:)

The window seat in O+F is my favourite spot to read and linger. I've often sat in there with the same pot of tea for an hour or two.

I also quite like upstairs in Costa Coffee on Cruises Street for coffee and a read. However, they have started piping loud music through the speakers, my pet peeve when trying to relax with a book and coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Regularly frequent O&F on the weekend. Nice place to sit out on the street and chill, great coffee too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Has anyone been in that new place that's opened in Arthur's Quay park yet? Chez Le Fab? Passed by today and it looked interesting, but I was in a rush and didn't have time to go in.

Has anyone been in that new place that's opened in Arthur's Quay park yet? Chez Le Fab? Passed by today and it looked interesting, but I was in a rush and didn't have time to go in.

Haven't been there yet but heard it's dog friendly. Must take my little ankle biter in for a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

paulers06 wrote: »
    Haven't been there yet but heard it's dog friendly. Must take my little ankle biter in for a look.

I'd have thought it would be against health and safety regulations to allow animals in places where food is being prepared/served?

zulutango wrote: »
    I'd have thought it would be against health and safety regulations to allow animals in places where food is being prepared/served?

I thought so too. I take our dog into town on Saturdays and sit outside cafes like O&F and Melt. Wouldn't have thought that dogs would be allowed inside a food establishment. Looking at their facebook page, there are definitely dogs inside the cafe. Might make it in over the weekend, will report back!

zulutango wrote: »

Was in with my madra over the weekend. They sell coffee and selection of pre prepared buns/sandwiches/pastries etc as well as some clothes and crafts. I'm guessing that doggies are allowed in because food isn't being prepared. Thought the coffee was good. They could do better on the range of treats on offer, they aren't as tasty as other cafes in town. Staff seemed friendly, nice to have somewhere to take the dog on a wet Saturday.

Advertisement