Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 203: Miocic v Overeem

15678911»

Comments

Miocic via Submission
    So after sitting down and watching the full fights I can't see how anybody thought Punk done well off his back, he threw a horrible attempt at a strike and got taken down then survived until the tap was forced. As Joe said this is what happens when a brown belt rolls with a white belt.

Anyway I do give him credit for giving it a go, I don't particularly care what he got paid for it.

All these people saying they'd take the same beaten for the money he got, I doubt you would genuinely quit your job, train for best part of 2 years experiencing grueling training and some injuries, make a weight cut and step in there with a younger better more experienced fighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

All these people saying they'd take the same beaten for the money he got, I doubt you would genuinely quit your job, train for best part of 2 years experiencing grueling training and some injuries, make a weight cut and step in there with a younger better more experienced fighter.
    Really? For 500k (maybe $1m with PPV) i'd expect most would do it.
    But the money is only on offer if your worth millions in return, so it's a moot point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So after sitting down and watching the full fights I can't see how anybody thought Punk done well off his back, he threw a horrible attempt at a strike and got taken down then survived until the tap was forced. As Joe said this is what happens when a brown belt rolls with a white belt.

Anyway I do give him credit for giving it a go, I don't particularly care what he got paid for it.

I'd do it happily for the bones of $1m.

Miocic via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    Really? For 500k (maybe $1m with PPV) i'd expect most would do it.
    But the money is only on offer if your worth millions in return, so it's a moot point.
    rob316 wrote: »
    I'd do it happily for the bones of $1m.

Fair enough, I suppose my point was I just doubt alot of peoples mentally capability to actually make it to fight night.

Anyway I just don't like what I've seen from people who're trying to discredit him or say it didn't take balls to step in there.

Advertisement