Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 203: Miocic v Overeem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

"I think he put me on my ass off he?..I wasn't hurt".. if you can barely remember chances are it hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd say Stipe is some man for the session.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

darced wrote: »

pure adrenaline

Without roids he's nothing. Easy cash for me.

He still had him almost finished, chin let him down as it often has, steroids ain't gonna sort that.

he tapped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh...controversial. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

qwabercd wrote: »
    He still had him almost finished, chin let him down as it often has, steroids ain't gonna sort that.

I know all heavyweights must have anvils for fists, but his chin is definitely weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Overeem via Submission
    Joe is being bruutal here :D

• Advertisement

poor form that from the reem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hahahaha Rogan will get a smack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

He couldn't even answer then after claiming that bull haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Oh wow, overeem what a disgraceful loser

Absolute horseshît from Overeem there, clearly no tap and he knows that well. Always been a fan of his but he's gone down in my estimation there.

slow motion annihilation here by Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Weird oul night, glad we got a nice finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

How Stipe escaped that choke I do not know, it was tight.

Genuinely didn't and still doesn't look to me like the choke was even close to being properly in.

Started off around his chin and Stipe was able to turn to minimise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

He definitely wasn't expecting Rogan to slow motion him

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TommyRiordan

When did he nearly have him finished? Flash knockdown and a loose guillotine easily escaped.

Steroids affect your pain tolerance and neck muscles etc. bigfoot silva has shown this more than anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Joe calling him on his bull was hilarious. Reem didnt know what to say.

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    Genuinely didn't and still doesn't look to me like the choke was even close to being properly in.

Started off around his chin and Stipe was able to turn to minimise it.

It wasn't even close to being tight, to get a choke from that position would be miraculous. Some people fall for Joe Rogan's over excitement. The amount of time he screams about "the Guillotine! the Guillotine! It's tight!" and then they escape with ease is ridiculous. Rogan is heavily biased towards bjj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In fairness to Overeem he was just knocked out cold and had his head put through the canvas by Miocic. He's out of it, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

After the assorted drama all night, the press conference should be very interesting!!

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Joe calling him on his bull was hilarious. Reem didnt know what to say.

That is going to be an all time highlight. Ultimate cringe collection

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Chris.

martyos121 wrote: »

Bieber would probably pass his drug test though...

When did he nearly have him finished? Flash knockdown and a loose guillotine easily escaped.

Steroids affect your pain tolerance and neck muscles etc. bigfoot silva has shown this more than anyone.

Flash knock down my hole. In the interview he could barely remember it, thought it was from a kick.

Reel always had a weak chin was my point.

Chris. wrote: »
    Bieber would probably pass his drug test though...

I actually doubt he would if I'm being truly pedantic.

Such nonsense, people finish chokes from there all the time, Overeem has probably the best guillitine in MMA.

He quite possibly does actually in fairness to him but he was never finishing Miocic there or even close to it from my viewing of it.

Stipe moved his head right and Overeem gave it up when he knew there was no finish there.

• Advertisement

Go ahead and show me a person in that position at any point of that scramble where the fighter choked then.

Best guillotine in mma? lol urijah faber says hello. not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Paully D wrote: »
    In fairness to Overeem he was just knocked out cold and had his head put through the canvas by Miocic. He's out of it, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Very good point made. It's amazing how quickly you forget that the guy was out cold, who knows what that does your memory. In this case he made himself look like a knob but as the above poster said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Chris.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I actually doubt he would if I'm being truly pedantic.

Neither do I really. Just taking a dig at Jones, he should really wind his neck in and concentrate on getting his **** together before criticizing anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

When we look back on this card in the weeks and months to come, I hope it's remembered for one thing:

Fabricio Werdum teeping Edmond ****ing Tarverdyan!

:pac:

If Stipe doesn't clear Overeem's left leg he is finished right there. Overeem has tapped guys standing with chokes.

Quite a few yes if memory serves. Still doesn't change the fact the choke just wasn't there tonight.

Flash knock down my hole. In the interview he could barely remember it, thought it was from a kick.

Reel always had a weak chin was my point.

Oh so he was actually really hurt but then escaped a guillotine while out of it from the supposed best guillotine artist in mma, then got to his feet and went straight on the attack? Right then.

• Advertisement

Urijah has way more submissions via choke than him. How many gc's does overeem have in the ufc again? He was choking out cans at a lighter weight class.

Reem is 6-4 in the UFC.

It's hard to be too tough on him as he's not the same without the PED's and he's on the downside, but he's always been like this. Never a great fighter, more a pharmacy project and always a guy with no heart, stamina or chin.

Same with bigfoot but at least bigfoot killed him when they were both on PEDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Overeem via Submission
    Was hoping Reem would win. I liked his change of strategy in recent fights, not punching himself out and being ecomincal with his output. His chin is always going to let him down though, it's not something you can fix.

Dan Hardy & Dc just said That Reem set the RECORD for Heavyweight knockout losses, at TEN losses by KO.

CsC-uXgVIAElPF3.jpg

CsDGV87VYAEEhhm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Greg Jackson coaching the killer instinct out of fighters for nearly 10 years now

• Advertisement

Best guillotine in mma? lol urijah faber says hello. not even close.

I said his guillotine isn't even close. They are not technical and they were all vs cans at lower weight classes. TAM are known for their GC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Overeem has been in some wars and suffered some serious ko's, 17 quickly glancing at Wikipedia. Probably time for him to hang them up. He messed up in post fight, there's a point where Stipe's right hand touches Overeem's arm, if Reem was being genuine I think this is where he mistakenly thought there was a tap. Let's not forget he got his bell rung 5 minutes beforehand and took some nasty shots while he was out. I'll not go too hard on him for that. I think Joe/ufc production team did the right thing giving him the opportunity to look at the tape.

Crazy enough card, a lot to talk about. Werdum surely will be disciplined for kicking out at Tarverdyan, I imagine Cain gets next title shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Overeem via Submission
    If it means anything Overeem was the in the thumbnail for the post fight presser when they posted the link to the livestream earlier in the week, the post fight presser thumbnail curse strikes again! starting to get creeped out with how consistent its been lately

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Overeem via Submission
    Weird card overall. Reem fought kind of weirdly, what was his defence all about.

Also the Punk monstrosity was a let down, I had hope he'd get at least a small but of offence away.

Also the Brown Werdum fight was a bit odd at times. And only just now found out about the after fight shenanigans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement