Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supernatural - Season 12 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That was really was quite a powerful episode, Supernatural really can turn it's hand in any direction and pull it off if they so choose.

Oh and more importantly....helloooooooooooo Alicia Witt :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

12.11 - Budget saving episode, with a bunny and Bon Jovi reference. It was sad to see Dean lose his mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This week's homage to Reservoir Dogs might just be my favourite episode of this season - still a good 10 episodes to go, but that was just class from beginning to end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭Heckler

Ramblers lets get ramblin'...Slomo. If they had actually gone Little Green Bag I'd have been in tears of joy. (someones gonna edit it)

Brilliant.

For all the odd bump in road this show is, after 12 seasons, one of the most consistantly entertaining and cleverly well written shows going.

Right up there with Buffy in its genre.

The western music was genius. This shows creators are on the ball.

Just caught up on the last two episodes this morning.

Honestly, isn't this show just absolutely amazingly good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Its hard to believe this show has been running for 12 years and can still produce quality episodes like that! Its fantastic the way it brings the older mythology back into it, in this case the Colt, which was such a big part of the early seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think works because Jensen and Jared still have the passion for the show and they aren't phoning it in just for a paycheck that then in turns gives the writers the passion to write for those guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Writers had a Tarantino weekend. So it was the Colt in the briefcase. Now if only we knew why it glowed. Of course, isn't it useless without the correct bullets?

Was sure it took longer than 2 seasons to kill the first yellow eyed demon.

Wasn't Mark Pelligrino's body destroyed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Don't forget the gun is also a key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭budhabob

Really enjoying this since the returning. Some really strong episodes and performances. As others have said, real credit due given the high standards after 12 seasons.

12.13 was alright. 3 Scottish accents in one episode. Wondered if we are going to get a Mary solo run episode at some point, without Sam and Dean, but I guess not now the cat's out of the bag.

Really enjoyed this weeks episode and great use of the Colt and the Brits aren't all that they need the Yanks to save the day ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Best view into the British Men of Letters so far - well utilized. What was that comment about Ireland though?!

• Advertisement

So Sam's on board with wiping out all vamps. What about Amber Benson vamps or when they turn to werewolves, will he be killing DJ Qualls?

Sam and his computer algorithms, well, not quite. Agents Baker and Clapton. Gwen was likeable. Episode was directed by a woman, her third one.

Glasses?

Make Hell Great Again.

I like how Castiel hasn't got the hang of using rockstars as his FBI names. Solange? Next we'll have XCX or something.

i love the subtle comedy. Deans face when it goes from flowers to business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

No mention for the not so subtle walking dead reference in the most recent episode? I loved it - the humour in supernatural is brilliant!

• Advertisement

:eek: didn't expect that ending.

Good to see Eileen again. I'd have shot the twit for his self-importance.

Collision time with the Brits. Ending not what I expected, either. Code is screwed up.

12.18 - Crazy to think we're this far into the season. Early X Files vibe to this one. Nice touch at the end with the legacy piece. Sheriff not all bad. Always, always have jazz going on if you're bugging a place. Hopefully Cas will turn up soon.

Just caught up on the last 3 episodes. Not the strongest, when binged together but the season has been very good in general.

Dean and the Waitress. Classic!

Hunting people....the family business. Think the Winchester business is a little better :pac:

Hopefully we'll have more than just leaving your voice as a mail from Cas soon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Jensen looks tiny beside Jared in that video clip. But then I looked it up and he's 6'1 with Jared being
    6'4. Never thought of Ackles being tall in Supernatural

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭budhabob

I've enjoyed this season, more character driven than 'the next big bad'.

3 Men and a Baby would be an interesting direction for the show :pac:

Ah, the old neck back in place routine. Wasn't that keen on the guest actor bloke. Remind me to take combat training from Mary (who wears the same shirts as the boys).

There's Something About Mary alright :eek:

Next week is a double episode season finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What a great episode. That actually played out like a season finale. Lots of cliffhangers and a great final shot.

Really looking forward to next week.

• Advertisement

I know she hasn't been in it much, but thought Eileen would get a bigger death. Like the witches last week got more dramatic deaths.

Wonder if next week will have a double episode or a feature length episode. Like can we expect Carry On My Wayward Son at the beginning of the first episode?

‘Supernatural’ Animated Episode to Pair the Boys With the ‘Scooby Doo’ Gang.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/supernatural-animated-episode-scooby-doo-cw-1201819148/

Animated crossover episode of Supernatural and Scooby Doo next season. Sounds incredible. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    ‘Supernatural’ Animated Episode to Pair the Boys With the ‘Scooby Doo’ Gang.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/supernatural-animated-episode-scooby-doo-cw-1201819148/

Animated crossover episode of Supernatural and Scooby Doo next season. Sounds incredible. :)

That sounds awesome!

Well now that ending!

No idea where next season will go but I do hope the rift returns and we see a bit more of what's on the other side.

Tonally, two completely different episodes. Both fantastic in their own right, though.

I wonder if this gives Jim Beaver an opening to come back as a regular for S13? You have to imagine that some casualties from that finale can be undone too.

Yeah although both characters have run their course, I wasn't a fan on how they went out.

I'm no expert on births, but I can see why delivering that child killed her.

Also setting up an alternate earth does imply we'll see it again. Though not the one where Sam is Polish

Enjoyed that. They threw everything into both. Well executed.

I was wondering was Mary not tied to the chair?

Umm, wow!

What a finale!

I presume it's not the end, of well, you know? :(

Again Mark Pellegrino is exceptional too!

• Advertisement

I'm not Spoiler Tagging any of this as it's aired, so if you haven't seen the Season Finale, you really shouldn't be lurking in the thread - read on at your own risk because I'm gonna be naming the casualties...

Did anyone else Double Fist Pump the air in delight when Alt-Bobby appeared? I was worried for a moment this would be the first season that we wouldn't see Jim Beaver at all and I'm glad they didn't spoil it by including his name in the guest cast at the beginning.

As much as I love the lads, I hope their deaths aren't just undone next season - seeing them again at some point in Special Guest Appearances would be great, but as mentioned the characters have pretty much run their course.

You have to think with Mark Pellegrino being promoted to Series Regular halfway through this season (and he didn't do a whole lot, only being in a handful of episodes) that he'll also be a big part of next season, meaning Lucifer and Mary will likely return and hopefully with New Bobby by their side. Losing Cas and Crowley in exchange for Lucifer and Bobby, to me is a good exchange, so let's cross our fingers it goes that way.

Dunno. Remember when Amber Benson got promoted to series regular in Buffy? :):(

Dunno about fist pump when Bobby appeared, but oddly I did it when Rowena supposedly died. Wonder why they didn't get her for it

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dunno. Remember when Amber Benson got promoted to series regular in Buffy? :):(

Dunno about fist pump when Bobby appeared, but oddly I did it when Rowena supposedly died. Wonder why they didn't get her for it

I was so happy when I first watched Buffy as it aired on Sky One and delighted to see Amber Benson promoted to series regular... :(
    I take your point, but don't think that's the case here.

I'm not entirely convinced Rowena is dead because it's odd we wouldn't see the death of such a big recurring character actually play out - something fishy about that one. Also I imagine there's Alt-World versions of Castiel, Crowley, Rowena and many others that could potentially be re-introduced over that way.

Strong finale episodes. It was a right slaughter fest too - pretty much the entire supporting cast getting wiped out or, at best, thrown into an alternate hell-on-earth. At least Jody survived...

Bobby! Finally! I remember Jim Beaver doing a panel at Dublin Comic Con, saying he hadn't been called yet to appear on 'Supernatural' despite being eager to do so. Somebody heard him!

Season 12 has been far better than I would ever have hoped for any show going this long. It's one of the strongest in years and shows what can happen when people work on a show they genuinely like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yeah he's not a season regular any more, but I wouldn't rule out cameos (especially with the alternative earth, if they use more of that).

https://twitter.com/Mark_Sheppard/status/867204171187056641

• Advertisement

Finally they're looking at the obvious, and most wanted (by me anyway!) of any spin-off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I would have absolutely no interest in a spin off of any Supernatural character. Absolutely none. The series is all about the brothers for me and it has been them keeping it together through the hard times.

Yeah the last attempt wasn't even a backdoor pilot. It was just an episode of Supernatural replaced with a pilot for a new show. And that show was pretty crap. I'm surprised if they were so keen on doing it that they never revisited those characters.
    Anyway this series should be better, though dunno if I'll bother since I'm mainly only watching Supernatural now because I've come this far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'd watch a show about Crowley and Cas going off on adventures but to ultimately try and get Lucifer or his offspring

• Advertisement
Advertisement