Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown's Backlash (Sept 11) 2016 PPV Thread *Spoilers*

• 06-09-2016 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭

SmackDown's first ppv will be Backlash, scheduled for September 11, 2016 at the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, VA

The card so far:-

WWE World Championship: Dean Ambrose (C) vs. AJ Styles

SmackDown Women's Championship Six-Pack Challenge: Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Bella vs. Carmella vs. Alexa Bliss

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals

Intercontinental Championship: Miz (C) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the usos could cost American Alpha the titles or Alpha will win and Rhyno will gore Heath Slater after the match (Slater blames Rhyno for the lose etc)

Orton to beat Wyatt but will get attacked by a returning Luke Harper

Ambrose to retain and Styles to win the title at Survivor Series

Becky for the womens title hopefully

Miz to retain with outside help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Surely Styles has to win

After all his talk of being the "face that runs the place" since he beat Cena, it makes no sense for him not to win imo

Where would he go if he lost clean to Ambrose? I see this feud going on for a while, but with Styles as champ and Ambrose chasing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd assume some undercard matches will be added as only 5 matches are in place now with no more shows in advance of it.

Maybe The Uso's will beat some face team (Headbangers or something) on the pre-show or Baron Corbin will actually have a match with Kalisto whom he did beat up backstage a few times with no follow up iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Miz has to win and Ziggler has to lose to keep both their story lines going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I agree with what the rest of ye fine gents have said about the other matches but the one I think HAS to happen is becky lynch to win. I mean for all that is good and holy in this big rock in the Milky Way.

I mean becky is respected for her in ring skills(best on roster IMO) and she is a great PR person for the company and is well liked by the top brass apparently. She is also the only one of the four horsewomen to not win either the nxt or wwe women's title.

Becky for champion lads. Becky for champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Haven't American Alphas been pulled and it's now The Usos vs Hype Bros with the winners moving onto the final later in the night?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Haven't American Alphas been pulled and it's now The Usos vs Hype Bros with the winners moving onto the final later in the night?

that clears up my (having not seen talking smack) confusion...
    It was reported shortly after SmackDown went off the air last night by Shane McMahon on “Talking Smack” that Chad Gable has suffered a significant “injury” as a result of the post-match attack by The Usos that has taken American Alpha out of the Tag Team Tournament finals this Sunday night at WWE Backlash.

Shane McMahon revealed that Chad Gable had suffered a storyline ACL injury, which will put him on the shelf for a timetable of two to four weeks. In order to determine who will face Heath Slater and Rhyno in the finals of the tournament at WWE Backlash, The Usos will face The Hype Bros on Sunday to determine the team that will face Slater and Rhyno to become the SmackDown Tag Team Champions later in the night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know what I like about the looks of this PPV? Every match has some decent storytelling to it. Not just the uppercard matches, and not just a "I wanna fight you, just cause!" story. Proper character development, built up over multiple weeks. There's not one match on the card I can look at and think "I've no interest in seeing where this goes". Every match has potential to end in multiple interesting ways.

For the first single-brand PPV, they've done a very good job with the build up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Presume Uso's will beat the ****e Bros and then Jordan to run in and cost them the tag titles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

That is a dire card outside of the Styles match.

Take Becky out of the women's match and it's a who's who of bad female wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Presume Uso's will beat the ****e Bros and then Jordan to run in and cost them the tag titles

I can see Usos winning and American Alpha chasing the belts.

Loughc wrote: »
    I can see Usos winning and American Alpha chasing the belts.

If Usos are heels, having them win two matches on the same night would be a weird decision. Thats one of the most babyface methods of winning a title possible...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If Usos are heels, having them win two matches on the same night would be a weird decision. Thats one of the most babyface methods of winning a title possible...

Not if they cheat to win and if they screw slater out of a contract. Slater is hugely over so it'll give them decent heat beating him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gotta be a 2 hour PPV, yeah? No way they are squeezing three hours out of that card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gotta be a 2 hour PPV, yeah? No way they are squeezing three hours out of that card.

It's a three hour block on the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Noobie question - is this live on wwe network? I subscribed to it to watch old episodes, but haven't watch any new content in years.

Noobie question - is this live on wwe network? I subscribed to it to watch old episodes, but haven't watch any new content in years.

Yeah, will stream live on the Network, and then Be up On Demand a little while afterwards. It's usually up on demand when I wake up the morning following the show.

Yes it's live at 1am preshow starts at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

€5 on Alexa Bliss at 40/1 to win the 6-pack challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to Twitter, ticket's for Backlash are $9.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    According to Twitter, ticket's for Backlash are $9.

Is Mr. Smackdown John Cena still touring with the Raw crew?

Wafer thin roster being exposed on its first PPV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If Aj wins, Becky wins and Uso's complete a strong heel turn then it can still be a significant show regardless of what else in booked.

WWE had lots of insignificant shows with filler before the split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Not seeing why everyone is complaining about the thin roster. Every match is gonna have time to tell a story. AJ and Ambrose is gonna go at least 35-40 mins and the Womens match will get about 15-20. Everything else will get enough time within the other 2 hrs.

Also considering its a thin roster the following Smackdown talent are not competing tonight ; Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Kane, American Alpha, Breezango, Erick Rowan and Kalisto. To me the PPV has been booked well and every match has a build and the outcomes are important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Still looking forward to AJ winning and the women's match too. Dreary show otherwise but yeah, it's not the first lackluster show of the Network era

Least my predictions came true.

I fell asleep when Kane came out, watched the rest on replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Orton apparently not cleared for tonight.

Out of the event.

Sorry didn't see earlier post!

Corbin vs Apollo for the kick off what happens when two charisma black holes collide we shall find out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assumed the tag match would be on the kickoff show as well?

So is it still the injury from Brock keeping Orton off? They underestimate what that injury would do?

• Advertisement

I think Lita may be hotter now than she was back in her wrestling days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Backlash Kickoff is free/live on YouTube! Heath Slater & Rhyno riffing is pretty funny. "I can't spar wit my kids. That's child abuse!" "What happens if they take you down though?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Rhyno and skater might have been meant to be temporary but they're entertaining as hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Alexa bliss is looking very very well

Seriously going to an ad during a PPV match even if it is a kick off match WFT.

Corbin vs Apollo was quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Corbin vs Apollo was quite good.

Yeah a nice little bout. If it starts something that helps the two connect a bit more with audiences and develop their characters that would be great

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seriously going to an ad during a PPV match even if it is a kick off match WFT.

Not to excuse it at all, but they do that at least once in every kick-off show. Head-wrecking, so it is!

So how many subtle and not so subtle digs will they get at Punk tonight I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So how many subtle and not so subtle digs will they get at Punk tonight I wonder.

I'm hoping they save it all for hhhs next promo

sky88 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they save it all for hhhs next promo

Ye I was thinking they might leave it till RAW tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I can't remember AJ ever having that kind of charisma when he was in TNA.

He has it all now to go with is undoubted ring skills.

Here comes the 20 minute GM's promo to kick off the PPV to kill time :(

Why do we need to start a ppv with Shane and Bryan ramble ramble ramble look at us oh and now everyone else.

This won't build people's characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lets go Becky!

Looks like Orton didn't pass the concussion impact tests.

And
    Kane :mad::mad:
    may be replacing him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dear WWE;

If she's not going to win, at the very least don't have Becky be the one pinned.

Looks like Orton didn't pass the concussion impact tests.

And
    Kane :mad::mad:
    may be replacing him

If that's true at least Bray might win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Alexa channelling her inner Harley Quinn!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sweet Jesus Alexa.

Bliss going with the Harley Quinn gimmick by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement