Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Followed by squad car

Options
  • 07-09-2016 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi
    Last night when I was driving home I noticed a squad car following behind me, prior to noticing I had been doing ~10km/h over the speed limit (~60 in a 50 zone on the way into town) I noticed the squad car followed me, without blue lights, off the roundabout so I slowed down. The car continued to follow me up another road towards my house before eventually turning around. They never flashed any blue lights or signalled me in anyway but it seemed obvious to me that they were following.
    Could anyone advise as to why they did this and didn't pull me over? Was it perhaps just to frighten me into slowing down?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

They might have been planning to pull you over if you did anything to indicate you were under the influence, or if they suspected you were speeding but weren't perfectly sure and were trying to see if you did anything while they were watching, or they were really just going the same way as you, or they really were just about to pull you over when they received a call to go do something more pressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

I would guess you are a "young" driver and they were checking your details on their system as they followed you. They saw that you drove reasonably, everything looked fine on their system and decided to leave it.

60 in a 50 would be good enough reason to stop you if they wanted to.

Advertisement