Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do schools start the day earlier this fall?

Options
  • 07-09-2016 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I live in one of the schoolrun hotspots. It seems this September the madness start 30 mins earlier compared to May. It's PITA sitting in traffic after a long night shift because the young ones are getting a door-to-door service. I'd nearly better of parking the car up on the outskirts and walk home. Once one had no sleep there's no patience either.

Something must be done about this. There should be drop off points set up on the main roads, just outside town where buses could collect the students and transfer them to school.

The traffic volume has crossed pain threshold in town already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

padyjoe wrote: »
    Do schools start the day earlier this fall?.

Same problem exists here in Ireland in Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

padyjoe wrote: »
    Unfortunately I live in one of the schoolrun hotspots. It seems this September the madness start 30 mins earlier compared to May. It's PITA sitting in traffic after a long night shift because the young ones are getting a door-to-door service. I'd nearly better of parking the car up on the outskirts and walk home. Once one had no sleep there's no patience either.

Something must be done about this. There should be drop off points set up on the main roads, just outside town where buses could collect the students and transfer them to school.

The traffic volume has crossed pain threshold in town already.

Not just a Kilkenny issue but I can't understand this door to door thing either for the little darlings- especially in great weather like at the moment. Sunny, warm days and kids being collected right outside the gate (secondary school btw), I just think it's very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

road_high wrote: »
    Not just a Kilkenny issue but I can't understand this door to door thing either for the little darlings- especially in great weather like at the moment. Sunny, warm days and kids being collected right outside the gate (secondary school btw), I just think it's very sad.

In an oversized suv that mammy can barely drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Same problem exists here in Ireland in Autumn.

I'm sorry, it's a typo, my brain fell into oblivion this morning. ;-)

I don't want to rant here, just looking for solutions. The new bridge is ready but the joining roads won't be completed until next Jan or Feb. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sam Kade wrote: »
    In an oversized suv that mammy can barely drive.

Not just mammies :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Are you also going to complain that rain is wet?

If you live near a school, you have to put up with school traffic. It's not rocket-science. If you don't like it, move. If you can't move, put up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I never mind the rain (even on my pushbike). Good for all of us.

I mind the school run it's bad for all of us. I won't put up and keep fighting.

Advertisement