Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport utility

Options
  • 07-09-2016 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

My network and internet access are working OK. However, the Airport utility says it can't find my Airport Extreme and the Airport Express [connected to my music system] that links to it.
    All my devices are connected to the Extreme using WiFi.
    Sometimes the utility pops up on the screen and an unknown app asks for access to my keychain, which I deny.
    This has started happening since I updated the firmware a few weeks ago. I have back to my Mac turned off.
    Any ideas?
    PS I just used the utility on my iPad and it is all OK there, but not on my iMac.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Here is the icon for the unknown app asking for access:

PPS Everything looks normal from my wife's Macbook. So is it something on my iMac?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Did you update the firmware of your Mac or the Airport Extreme?
    Have you installed any new programs lately?
    Which program is seeking access to your Keychain? Can you delete it and reinstall? You should be able to go into your Keychain and examine its contents.

Yes, I updated the firmware on the Extreme recently and that is when this started.
    I have no idea which app is asking for access, its icon is shown in the jpeg; just a padlock and something to the right of it.
    There is nothing similar showing inside Keychain Access.

Advertisement