Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving bike overnight in someones home in Doneycarney area.

Options
  • 07-09-2016 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Soon, I will be starting my studies in DCU and will need to get a bus to the university somehow.

The quickest route that I have found from knocklyon (where I live) is to take the 15 to Donnycarney church and from there cycle to the university.

Does anyone know or will anyone be willing to leave my bike overnight in their garden, shed etc for a small fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

DenisG98 wrote: »
    Soon, I will be starting my studies in DCU and will need to get a bus to the university somehow.

The quickest route that I have found from knocklyon (where I live) is to take the 15 to Donnycarney church and from there cycle to the university.

Does anyone know or will anyone be willing to leave my bike overnight in their garden, shed etc for a small fee?

What happens if it gets stolen from their shed?
    Bus to ballymun leaves you outside the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DenisG98

What happens if it gets stolen from their shed?
    Bus to ballymun leaves you outside the gate.

What bus may that be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What bus may that be?

The 11 if memory serves. Check Dublin bus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Would you not just cycle all the way out and lock the bike on campus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

More relevant to Dublin City forum.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 DenisG98

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Would you not just cycle all the way out and lock the bike on campus

From Knocklyon?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

From Knocklyon?

Yeah it'd about 25k take you an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It's only 14kms or so, handy cycle. I do the same distance on my commute every day. Good for ya too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Take the 15 as far as Dame Street and switch to a 9 or 13 to the Ballymun Road
    or
    Take the 15 as far as Georges Street/Exchequer Street and get the 16 to Swords Road leaving you a 1km walk to DCU

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Or go as far as Westmoreland Street where you can catch the 4 and 11, both of which will drop you on the Ballymun Road. The 44 can be caught from Westmoreland Street too and will drop you into DCU, it does take a little longer though in my experience.
    You could also keep the bike at your own house and cycle to Limekiln Avenue to catch the 9 which, as before, will drop you to the Ballymun Road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement