Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Noob Questions

Options
  • 07-09-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭

Hi I was looking for some help on how to get in to vaping.

I've almost completely cut tobacco out of my life at this stage. After going from 15-20 a day for about twenty years down to five a day, I’m now just having a few at the weekend. The problem is that I find it difficult to go out drinking and not smoke. (I have gone a couple weeks at a time without drinking and managed not to smoke but I would like to be able to have a drink) I don't smoke Monday to Friday, but always end up buying(and finishing) a pack of smokes at the weekend.

Could anyone recommend a starter vape (I googled myself down a rabbit hole of ohms and volts, and drippers and coils which had me reaching for my lighter)? Are most juices compatible with most devices? What strength of juice should someone start out on? Since I don’t smoke much these days, would I get away with nicotine free juice? Do levels of PG/VG make a difference to a novice?

Most importantly, what's your biggest mistake from when you first started?

Thanks for reading/helping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

When I started out, I bought a simple smokegreen cig-a-like, because vaping wasn't near as big and I didn't have a clue. But ... it worked! It was just like smoking a cig, though tasted a bit weird, and kept me off the smokes for 3 months or so. Then I started searching and found a whole new world of vaping, devices, tanks, juices etc ...

If I was starting out now, the choices are so much better and varied. I'd probably opt for something like a Joytech AIO and some 6mg juice. And while I got used to that, I'd watch every beginner vape device review on youtube I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

For that purpose, as the cageyone says, a Joyetech AIO and some 6-12mg juice.

If you want a cigalike, the e-Lite Curv is probably the one that feels closest to a real cigarette. One cartridge would approximate a pack of smokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

After almost 40 years of rolling Drum, but not to heavy most of the time. I'm now a vaper since May 2015. Was travelling in Belgium at the time and for the first time got what seemed like a smoker's cough. Didn't actually want to get into vaping, as it seemed more complicated than I was ready for.
    Got the cheapest kit going about €10 and about €3 for a bottle of under the counter nicotine juice ( nicotine juices are forbidden in Belgium ! )

Haven't smoked an analogue since or coughed. ( But am a dazzling example of "shinyitis" )

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Are e-Lite Curv's widely available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Zelda247 wrote: »

They are but they can be pricey as I don't think you can refill them.

Try an Ego AIO with a 6mg juice. You wouldn't want to go any stronger as the AIO has a very strong coil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Zelda247 wrote: »

Loads of newsagents have them.

They're not cheap, but could be convenient for your usage.

They can be refilled 4-5 times with a small bit of knowhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Wait for TPD v2.0 and they might be all thats available :D

Advertisement