Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to give advance notice to my branch to withdraw couple of thousand (<5k)

Options
  • 07-09-2016 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Assuming it's a Cashier service day do I need to give notice I want to withdraw a sum between 1 & 5k . Can't do this from machine.

Tried ringing my local branch to check but it's impossible to get out of the automated menus and talk to a physical person.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

HurlyBurly wrote: »
    Assuming it's a Cashier service day do I need to give notice I want to withdraw a sum between 1 & 5k . Can't do this from machine.

Tried ringing my local branch to check but it's impossible to get out of the automated menus and talk to a physical person.
    Hi HurlyBurly, thanks for getting in touch.

For amounts over €5,000 you’ll need to give at least 24 hours’ notice. For large withdrawals it's advisable to give notice, if you want to PM me with your name, the amount and the branch I’ll be able to send them the details.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.
    Thanks
    Nicola 

Advertisement