Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CyanogenMod

Options
  • 07-09-2016 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

CyanogenMod

Can anyone help? I have been given a HTC One M8 by my bro with CyanogenMod inctalled on it. The phone is locked to Vodaphone and I need to unlock to use as I am with Meteor but I have been told by Vodaphone and the Phone Doctor that I have to uninstall CyanogenMod to unlock. I have tried to uninstall with no success. Anyone know if there is a way to unlock without uninstalling? What are my options? No one seems to be able to give me a straight answer...ta v m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just change the sim, turn it on, itll ask for the NAC code, enter the NAC, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rasher2903

ED E wrote: »
    Just change the sim, turn it on, itll ask for the NAC code, enter the NAC, done.

What's the NAC Code? If it's the one from Vodaphone to unlock phone, been there, done that, no go.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The phone could be locked to a network, and the phone can also have a sim lock. Sim lock prevents other sims from being used on the phone. Network lock prevents the phone being used with another network's sim.

What are the various prompts you get on the screen? Have you wiped / reset the phone?

Advertisement