Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card activation

Options
  • 07-09-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received my new debit card in the post on Friday( i am currently away from my home address so I do not have access to it yet).
    It mentions in the letter that I have 14 days to activate it.
    Is this 14 days from the post mark or 14 days after my current cards expiration? I am asking as it was dated the 16th of august and only arrived on Friday the second of September

I would also like to comment on how the cards are sent out. The card number became visible on the envelope where it had gotten dirty. This seems like a big security concern as someone could get the number from a card with something like a pencil

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Connavar wrote: »
    Hi,

I received my new debit card in the post on Friday( i am currently away from my home address so I do not have access to it yet).
    It mentions in the letter that I have 14 days to activate it.
    Is this 14 days from the post mark or 14 days after my current cards expiration?  I am asking as it was dated the 16th of august and only arrived on Friday the second of September

I would also like to comment on how the cards are sent out. The card number became visible on the envelope where it had gotten dirty. This seems like a big security concern as someone could get the number from a card with something like a pencil

Thanks
    Good Afternoon Connavar, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, although we do state on the letter your card should be activated within the 14 days, the card can be activated after this time frame at any VISA ATM. Thanks for the feedback on how the cards are sent, I will be sure to pass this on to our cards team. Just to note the card cannot be used until it is activated at an ATM and when used online will also need the CCV number which is located on the back of the card and is not raised, but I will certainly pass the feedback on and thank you for taking the time out to let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement