Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New joint account

Options
  • 07-09-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi
    I just set up a new joint account with my girlfriend. I spoke to you on the phone and got my user ID, sort code and account number so I can set up the online banking.
    I was told that a bank card is on the way out in the post for me but not for my girlfriend.
    After I queried why she would not get one he agreed that it was strange that she is not getting one and said it must be an admin error.
    To get a card she has to call up. She is out of the country for the next 2 weeks so this is my problem.
    I have never had to order a card when I have set up bank accounts in the past.Why do we have to do this now? Surely one of the benefits of the account is receiving the bank card in the post shortly after the account is set up?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

limerick85 wrote: »
    Hi
    I just set up a new joint account with my girlfriend. I spoke to you on the phone and got my user ID, sort code and account number so I can set up the online banking.
    I was told that a bank card is on the way out in the post for me but not for my girlfriend.
    After I queried why she would not get one he agreed that it was strange that she is not getting one and said it must be an admin error.
    To get a card she has to call up. She is out of the country for the next 2 weeks so this is my problem.
    I have never had to order a card when I have set up bank accounts in the past.Why do we have to do this now? Surely one of the benefits of the account is receiving the bank card in the post shortly after the account is set up?

Thanks
    Hi limerick85, thanks for getting in touch.

With a personal current account usually the new card would be sent out in the post once the account is opened. 

Without having access to the account it would be difficult to say why this has happened but if your girlfriend has been set up for 365 Online she can login and send a request for a card using the Online Service Desk.

Otherwise if she can call + 353 1 4044000 one of our advisers can check the account to see what's happening with the new card.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

Hi

Thanks

With a personal current account usually the new card would be sent out in the post once the account is opened. 

Without having access to the account it would be difficult to say why this has happened but if your girlfriend has been set up for 365 Online she can login and send a request for a card using the Online Service Desk.

Otherwise if she can call + 353 1 4044000 one of our advisers can check the account to see what's happening with the new card.

Thanks
    Nicola 
    ok,so once i set up the new online banking account for our new joint account, we can request a new card online for her there?without being charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi

Thanks

Thanks
    Nicola 
    ok,so once i set up the new online banking account for our new joint account, we can request a new card online for her there?without being charged?
    Thanks limerick85, it's not possible for another person to order a card for her, even in the case of a joint account.

She'll need to login herself with her own details and then she'll be able to request a card by using the 'Ask a Question' option on the 365 Online service desk or by calling +353 1 4044000.

There's a charge for a replacement card but as your girlfriend hasn't been issued a card yet there won't be a charge for the new card.

Hope this helps, thanks.
    Nicola

Advertisement