Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty in obtaining insurance quote after 'non fault' claim?

Options
  • 07-09-2016 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Has any one ha have any issues in obtaining a quote after a non fault claim ??
    My insurance at a time paid out for a RTA, and recouped the full amount from the third parties insurance company (After almost a year). Full no claims was reinstated.

But Im getting 'sorry unable to give you a quote' as claim has been made in thee last 5 years.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So from what they are saying is, I'm stuck with my current insurer and have to swallow whatever they through at me and be thankful...

Horse ****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

homer90 wrote: »
    ***Apologies title a bit misleading, should be 'obtaining an insurance quote'***

Edit your post, click on the advanced button and you will be allowed to edit the title.

There is a separate Motor Insurance forum, I have posted your question in a thread where there is a guy who work in motor insurance, I have asked him to comment on your situation.

Scroll to the end of this thread .....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057637607&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I had a non fault claim and had no problems whatsoever getting quoted the year after, even on far more powerful cars etc. Are you a young driver? Are you making it clear that your insurer recovered all costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

coylemj wrote: »

There is a separate Motor Insurance forum, I have posted your question in a thread where there is a guy who work in motor insurance, I have asked him to comment on your situation.

Scroll to the end of this thread .....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057637607&page=2

Thanks.. Will have a read.
    I had a non fault claim and had no problems whatsoever getting quoted the year after, even on far more powerful cars etc. Are you a young driver? Are you making it clear that your insurer recovered all costs?

Young, no. :D
    Clean driving record no points.

Full disclousure given, also have in writing that my no claims has been reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Thanks.. Will have a read.

Young, no. :D
    Clean driving record no points.

Full disclousure given, also have in writing that my no claims has been reinstated.

Have you spoken to insurance companies or just did online quotes?

Uriel. wrote: »
    Have you spoken to insurance companies or just did online quotes?

Yes have been on the phone. Have previously done some work on line also. But once the 'any claims ? has been ticked, the internet breaks and I'm advised to call the sales team..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yes have been on the phone. Have previously done some work on line also. But once the 'any claims ? has been ticked, the internet breaks and I'm advised to call the sales team..

Odd alright I thought that talking to a real person would iron out the kinks.

I think maybe your best approach is to say no to claims against you but then say but for full disclosure my insurance paid out to a third party and recouped the monies from the liable party but obviously this had no effect on my ncb because it wasn't a claim against me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Has any one ha have any issues in obtaining a quote after a non fault claim ??
    My insurance at a time paid out for a RTA, and recouped the full amount from the third parties insurance company (After almost a year). Full no claims was reinstated.

But Im getting 'sorry unable to give you a quote' as claim has been made in thee last 5 years.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So from what they are saying is, I'm stuck with my current insurer and have to swallow whatever they through at me and be thankful...

Horse ****

Is the claim closed / settled?

Is the claim closed / settled?

Yes, case closed.

Yes, case closed.

Cheers.

Do you mind posting an exact time line of events as you understand them because something isn't adding up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

If your insurer recouped IN FULL from the 3rd party, you no longer have had a 'claim' under your policy, that is what is happening to your quotes. You still were involved in 'an accident', which needs to be disclosed but it should not affect acceptance or rating

A broker will explain that clearly to a potential insurer on your behalf. Online is not really set up for your scenario

• Advertisement

Cheers.

Do you mind posting an exact time line of events as you understand them because something isn't adding up.

There really is nothing to add. The op maybe some what simplified, but from I get, the issue may be the fact that my company had to pay out, then chase reimbursement from third party.

If your insurer recouped IN FULL from the 3rd party, you no longer have had a 'claim' under your policy, that is what is happening to your quotes. You still were involved in 'an accident', which needs to be disclosed but it should not affect acceptance or rating

A broker will explain that clearly to a potential insurer on your behalf. Online is not really set up for your scenario

Yeah, I think a broker is the way to go. Let them deal with the bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

. Online is not really set up for your scenario

Seems bizarre that they would turn away even perfect customers on the basis of something they don't load a premium for, for the want of an extra few lists/checkboxes in the form.

I did get a quote of almost 3k from liberty for a 9 year old 1.4 80hp Ford focus driven by a 40 year old engineer with a perfect driving record. But I was assured that was perfectly normal and not due to disclosing a settled non-fault claim.

Have you tried liberty OP? Maybe there's something else in your profile that's raising Weapon of Mass Destruction flag, something that changed in the last year in your side or on insurer's side.

There really is nothing to add. The op maybe some what simplified, but from I get, the issue may be the fact that my company had to pay out, then chase reimbursement from third party.

If your insurer fully recovered the money paid out from the other parties insurance company and your bonus has been re-instated then there is literally zero reason for companies to decline to you on the basis of the claim and the claim only. If they are declining you on this basis then I would be requesting letters of declinature from them and I would be presenting them to the FSO for investigation.

Without knowing your full details I cannot comment further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

If your insurer fully recovered the money paid out from the other parties insurance company and your bonus has been re-instated then there is literally zero reason for companies to decline to you on the basis of the claim and the claim only. If they are declining you on this basis then I would be requesting letters of declinature from them and I would be presenting them to the FSO for investigation.

Without knowing your full details I cannot comment further.

This is a genuine question Saul T Nutzz, not some angle... what is the difference between an online "naw we don't fancy your money" and the type of "decline" that you have to answer yes to the "have you ever been declined/refused insurance" question some insurers either explicitly ask or have as part of their terms/assumptions.

Poorly worded perhaps, but you know what I mean I hope.

It's partly for my own info but I wonder is it more pressingly relevant to the OP, I'm not trying to go offtopic

Liberty were off the wall, twice my renewal.

FWIW have the above issue is with Allianz. Current insurer is AXA, and at the time of incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

homer90 wrote:
    Has any one ha have any issues in obtaining a quote after a non fault claim ?? My insurance at a time paid out for a RTA, and recouped the full amount from the third parties insurance company (After almost a year). Full no claims was reinstated.

One of the lads in the job had a fight with a range rover and the range rover won , range rovers fault . My mate was advised claim off his own insurance speed and and then the insurance would claim off the other guy on his behalf . My mate was also insured as a named driver on his Mrs car with same crowd he was with. When her renewal came up they wouldn't allow him on the policy because he d made a claim and then he found when his policy was up he couldn't shop around like Op s case ... morale of story claim off other party's insurance or you will be screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

For a company to have to decline a consumer for 'non disclosure/claims history/previously decliners cases then they , the insurer or Intrmediary(broker)

- must produce a Decline Case letter to you within 5 business days ,and explain/assist how you contact the 'declined cases committee/agreement team'

Them giving you silly high premium is not a decline but may be outta you financial limit

Advertisement